Does IT department scrutinize RTO information

These days its been made mandatory to provide PAN card while registering any new car :D

so i was wondering, whether the IT (Income Tax) department goes through the details of the PAN card for high-end cars, and opens files on the basis of it ? ?

Short Answer: yes.

Long Answer: yes indeed. above certain values (5 Lacs+), they see if the pan number given does not file returns proportionate in value to the purchase of the car.

How do the Gujars in Greater Noida, Haryana able to buy fleet of Fortuners and Scorpios with cash?

I've personally seen a friends farm where he asked his drivers to drive all of his 8 scorpios fortuners with little ploughs to dig his fields! This is common in Greater Noida region.

How do the Gujars in Greater Noida, Haryana able to buy fleet of Fortuners and Scorpios with cash?

I've personally seen a friends farm where he asked his drivers to drive all of his 8 scorpios fortuners with little ploughs to dig his fields! This is common in Greater Noida region.

Isn't TAX exempted on Income from Agricultural/Farming sources?[DOUBLEPOST=1432360975][/DOUBLEPOST]

Isn't TAX exempted on Income from Agricultural/Farming sources?

Lol! Scorpio as ploughs then tomorrow nano as haathgadi bmws and audis will come as last minute volvo bus replacements.
India going crazy.

Through showroom they wouldn't know but through RTO possible. But usually cars below >5 lakhs, they do not care.
I heard from my friend whose parents work in IT department that they're keep a tab on Online shopping of persons through their mobile no Etc.
Be careful @Being.smart , You are Next!

Through showroom they wouldn't know but through RTO possible. But usually cars below >5 lakhs, they do not care.
I heard from my friend whose parents work in IT department that they're keep a tab on Online shopping of persons through their mobile no Etc.
Be careful @Being.smart , You are Next!

can you get some more info, what all things are they tracking too ?

IT has tie up with Amazon, Flipkart, Clear Trip etc where they monitor how much you are spending. The moment you spend more >3L you will be added to watch list and you will monitored. Shit gets real when spending is more than >10L.

IT has tie up with Amazon, Flipkart, Clear Trip etc where they monitor how much you are spending. The moment you spend more >3L you will be added to watch list and you will monitored. Shit gets real when spending is more than >10L.
but that isn't of any issue as we spend the money in electronic transfer so its monitored anyways.

Back