Budget 21-30k Does lenovo provides good aftersale service for their laptops?

awestorr

Adept
Have been burnt by acer's third party service centres in the past. Combined with their bad quality laptops and terrible service, it has made me vary from buying from any other vendor except dell and hp.
However, i m thinking about buying a budget laptop from lenovo.
How is their service when compared to hp?
If u have any experiences,do share
Thanks .

If you gonna buy lenovo, at least buy the business class ones (thinkpad).

The budget lenovo's have the hinge problem, the screen is glued to the hinge, if it breaks it is not covered under warranty, these laptop are not meant for daily use (opening/closing the lid) they are consumer grade, the business class are different deal. The hardware is fine.

If you do get the budget one, you can somewhat extend the life of the glue by :-
1. Open/close lid by holding from the center of the screen.
2. Do not open lid all the way back.
3. Open the lid as slowly as possible.
4. If the laptop is stationary consider not closing the lid every single time.

Last edited:
If you gonna buy lenovo, at least buy the business class ones (thinkpad).

The budget lenovo's have the hinge problem, the screen is glued to the hinge, if it breaks it is not covered under warranty, these laptop are not meant for daily use (opening/closing the lid) they are consumer grade, the business class are different deal. The hardware is fine.

If you do get the budget one, you can somewhat extend the life of the glue by :-
1. Open/close lid by holding from the center of the screen.
2. Do not open lid all the way back.
3. Open the lid as slowly as possible.
4. If the laptop is stationary consider not closing the lid every single time.
Is their v series business class?
Coz it says business in some of their description.
But they dont advertize them quite as much as thinkpads

Is their v series business class?
Not sure.

Just avoid lenovo at this point. This is the problem I am talking about. The business class used to be good but can't say anything in these times of cost cutting. I bought lenovo v14 g3 and I am facing problem similar to this. It's nasty. :inpain:

Attachments

• 1689348398640.png
    1689348398640.png
    118 KB · Views: 59
Onsite warranty of Dell/HP/Lenovo/Acer is much better than their carry-in
/depo/mail-in warranty. Turn around time for dispatching parts and technicians is less and you can see the repairs being done before you. If the technician damages something, even if only cosmetic you can ask for replacement of the damaged parts and they mostly accept. Not to mention the convenience. I had repairs done at my college hostel, home and even workplace at my preferred times.

If you go to a service center, You'll be left at their mercy (Except Apple maybe). Long wait times for parts, scratches on the body panels, missing/swapped screws, thermal pads, botched heatsink installs etc. are some of the issues I faced.

Check if the Lenovo site has the model you are looking for. Upgrades or extensions to the base warranty plan is priced reasonably over there.

Last edited:
Onsite warranty of Dell/HP/Lenovo/Acer is much better than their carry-in
/depo/mail-in warranty. Turn around time for dispatching parts and technicians is less and you can see the repairs being done before you. If the technician damages something, even if only cosmetic you can ask for replacement of the damaged parts and they mostly accept.

if you go to a service center, You'll be left at their mercy (Except Apple maybe). Long wait times for parts, scratches on the body panels, missing/swapped screws, thermal pads, botched heatsink installs etc. are some of the issues I faced.

Check if the Lenovo site has the model you are looking for. Upgrades or extensions to the base warranty plan is priced reasonabl there.
Hp/dell have been good in the past for me.
But acer has been a horrible nightmare. I am never buying acer anything again.
But lenovo is also looking good ,as described by a no of people i have asked

But acer has been a horrible nightmare. I am never buying acer anything again.
Have two experiences with Acer. One was a dead Nvidia GPU on a Helios 300 (2018 model). It had onsite warranty. Within a week the motherboard was replaced at my home.

The second time was a busted fan on an out-of-warranty Helios 300 (2020 model). They wanted to keep the laptop for 1 month and asked 6k for replacing both fans. I ended up ordering one from eBay for less than 2k.
But lenovo is also looking good ,as described by a no of people i have asked
True, I helped my friend get a mobo replacement on a budget model (I think it was a Z50). This was back in 2017. They responded well. Mobo took around a week to reach the local tech and repair was done at his hostel room the next day.

Go through my posts in this thread. My experience with Lenovo to date has been quite good.

Avoid Lenovo non-thikpad series like plague. By no means are they bad and at par with equivalent HP/Dell models (HP 240 / Dell vostro) . However if one is looking at robust laptop aimed at productivity and heavy usage , buy a Thinkpad . E series < L series < T Series < X series in order of features , weight , price . All Thinkpads are business laptops . Thinkbook branding is usually for consumer though crossell do happen

Lenovo has hinge issue.... Almost go to any laptop repair shop you will find Lenovo with broken hinge.. search any broken hinge YouTube video.. almost all are Lenovo..

I had this problem.. its a fault in their design.. they are using very soft plastic for body and the hinge are very small.. which does not provide good mechanical strength and breaks in few months...

I have written many email but Lenovo is it listening....

Thinkpad are good.. they are good

Thinkpad T15p with GTX1650 have cheap quality plastic and in our office many people have reported screen bezels getting cracked from front and even backside too.
They heat and whine like crazy almost sounds like a jet engines.

Obviously since it's corporate environment they had ADP and Premium support so all that housing gets replaced.

@enthusiast29 What CPU your Thinkpad T15p is having ?
I have Dell 5430 with Intel i7 12th gen CPU, heating is a concern here too. Seems to be a common issue these days with recent cpus on laptops.
Was thinking about shifting to Thinkpad T series, these posts now changing my mind.

Off topic but something funny happened a few days back.
I used an acer laptop between 2018_2019, i thought it was a 15.6 inch machine.
Saw a laptop with smaller screen compared to the acer one,few days back and thought "wow this 14 inch lappy is compact"

Came to know later that my acer was 17.xx inch and this "Compact" laptop is actually a 15.6inch machine.

I am spoiled by 14 inch screen laptops, 15.6 seems too big now. My benchmark is if I can hold laptop in air with just two fingers by the edge with lid open, it's portable enough for me.

As of date the compact definition has changed specially for business users. 13 inches pretty common now a days and the 2-1 foldable. As far as the OP goes , I have had good experince with Lenovo laptop specially if you go with their Thinkpad series and premier support.

Back