Budget 71-90K Does Mac mini M2 is better or a custom build i7 12Gen with the same budget range.

sen001

Recruit
I am planning to buy a PC or a build one with moderate to high performance within 70~90K. I am wondering if Mac Mini M2 could be considered for that. Or shall I build a system based on Intel 12 gen processors. Any suggestions? I will be doing some basic video editing for YouTube uploads.

It depends, having used both. I like a smaller foot print and how well certain apps work with the iOS. If you are into gaming as well, then would suggest you to go with Intel based setup (PC).

Have you used Mac OS previously? Are you comfortable with it? If not, then stick to Windows PC.
For about 90000, you could get this
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/482787d7-2ed6-419a-9612-0cb32e92b669
12600k, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 3060Ti

For the same price, you'll barely get base mac mini with 16GB RAM and 512 GB SSD. You'll definitely have to invest in an external SSD for video editing tasks.

Sure the PC will be chug electricity while Mac Mini will sip, but it will give you far more power. 12600k is almost equal to M2 in single threaded performance (according to cpu benchmark) and beats M2 in multi-threaded by a significant margin. As for graphics performance, can't say a lot, but 3060 Ti will definitely beat M2's GPU.
Mac OS. iOS is for phone and tab

Back