Android Does my phone have heating issue? or is this normal temp?

Does your phone go above 40C while watching instagram reels? Specify model and temp

• Total voters
I bought a Poco M4 pro 4g, it heats upto 41C while watching instagram reels.
Is this normal for every phone or is it just all Poco M4 pro or is it just my piece?
Should I ask for return? replacement?

I'm using a redmi note 11 6/128 (spes) and it rarely goes over 40°C. I think the redmi note 11 is the same as m4 pro 4g except for the processor. Mine is powered by a sd 680 (a really efficient chip)

OT, apologies, but what software do you use to monitor temps? Ive never given thought to monitoring my phone's temps.

I use a battery temperature logger and have a widget on my home screen

Keeps a record so useful for reference later.

Phone temp isn't that important. Phone will run even if it's at 60+ degrees.

Battery temp however has a bearing on longevity and it is better if that stays under 40

I'm using a redmi note 11 6/128 (spes) and it rarely goes over 40°C. I think the redmi note 11 is the same as m4 pro 4g except for the processor. Mine is powered by a sd 680 (a really efficient chip)
SD 680 is a 6nm chip which is really power efficient but weaker. All the reviews said the Poco m4 pro only heats while gaming, i wasn't much of a gamer so I thought the more powerful g96 and cheaper poco m4 pro 4g was the better option for me.

The redmi note 11 is nearly identical, except for cameras, i feel poco oversharpens the images. Also if poco didn't have that rectangular camera bump I could have used all the redmi note 11 cases.

Do u use the phone at Max brightness or at what level?
How much Screen on time do u get?
Does ur phone not even cross 40C even while gaming? Mine can reach 45C

Do u use the phone at Max brightness or at what level?
How much Screen on time do u get?
Does ur phone not even cross 40C even while gaming? Mine can reach 45C
I keep it around 30% brightness with blue light filter (reading mode) on at all times. I'm not sure how much SOT I get. The only game I've played on this phone is minecraft with yss-rd shaders. It doesn't go over 42°C (>70% gpu utilisation and <50% cpu utilisation)

I guess it should be about the room temperature or few degrees higher for normal use . Manufacturers advise users to keep their device in an environment that is between -4 and 113 degrees Fahrenheit . So it's well within that limit, so don't have to worry about it.

I guess it should be about the room temperature or few degrees higher for normal use . Manufacturers advise users to keep their device in an environment that is between -4 and 113 degrees Fahrenheit . So it's well within that limit, so don't have to worry about it.
I have another phone Vivo Y91i, 2 years older and cheaper, I used it in the same room, connected to the same WiFi, watched insta reels for an hour and it's temperature was just 36C.

I understand heating upto 113F or 45C while gaming, I wouldn't complain about it BUT heating while using insta is a concern. The display becomes hot to touch and the glass camera bump is also too hot.

whenever I go back to use my old phone it's cooler. Considering this Poco M4 pro 4g is still new it shouldn't heat this much.

If this the condition of a new phone imagine how much it would heat up in 2 years.

I bought a Poco M4 pro 4g, it heats upto 41C while watching instagram reels.
Is this normal for every phone or is it just all Poco M4 pro or is it just my piece?
Should I ask for return? replacement?
41C is fine. It's most likely the fault of the Instagram. It's a buggy app. Try reinstalling and don't read into temperature too much.

The heating is a sign that you need to take a break ;)
I take no breaks,
Ain't no slow days
An update the phone poco m4 pro 4g heats up to 41C in 30 minutes and then reaches 42C in under an hour.
I just wanna connect with other Poco M4 pro 4g users to determine if its common with this model of phone or my unit is faulty?

Any idea how I can do that?

Last edited:
I just wanna connect with other Poco M4 pro 4g users to determine if its common with this model of phone or my unit is faulty?

Any idea how I can do that?
Friend is using Redmi Note 11s (Same phone as Poco M4 pro 4G). He claims that he doesn't face any heating problems when watching reels/shorts for a prolonged period of time

Thank you!!! Does he use auto brightness? I don't, I set it to like ...80% brightness, could this be an issue?

I am gonna test my phone with an hour on insta on auto brightness just to be extra sure

I did see a rise in temps when using screen at high brightness. Maybe it stresses the battery for more power hence the increase in heat dissipated from the phone, screen.

I would suggest to check if there's a lite version of Insta just like FB lite. Or, wait for an update from Poco.

I do recall updates from Poco were nothing less than crappy, since it put my ex-Poco X3 into bootloop which had Airtel thanks app. Took them 3 painful months to resolve the issue, other than hard format.

I keep it around 30% brightness with blue light filter (reading mode) on at all times. I'm not sure how much SOT I get. The only game I've played on this phone is minecraft with yss-rd shaders. It doesn't go over 42°C (>70% gpu utilisation and <50% cpu utilisation)
OMG I missed this post, is 30% brightness enough when you are out on the sun?

Here are the reasons for heating:
Glass back panel which is extremely bad for heat dissipation in fact it retains heat.
Processor known for heating coupled with insufficient cooling.
Some cpu intensive background process/app causes heat.

And all these factors een result in bad battery life and in fact contributes heavily to life of the phone/battery and other components.

My exp. with xperia phone which used to always throttle above 45c and outdoors used to reach 65-70c.

Best is to set brightness to auto when stepping out. This way I do not have to worry about temps and keeping brightness to 100% all times.
Have seen phones kept on 100% brightness indoors and user complaining display heating up.

Last edited:
Back