Graphic Cards Does physx have no importance in games ?

Re: Does physx has no importance in games ?

tell him to buy a new cricket kit with that money and play with his friends.he's too small for gaming.I know you might not agree,but it'll will have adverse effects on his physical health.

Am not forcing,but it's what happening all around.Man am an adult and am still addicted to these games.

games should be strictly above 16+.. else, games are more addictive than wine / beer.. beer has only 4-5 hour effect.. games can have 30+ hrs effect !!

I never suggest Nvidia for only their PhysX.
And never recommend Ati too for their sucky worst drivers.
Ati driver totally suck.
It got resolution and refresh rate problem.

Revolution said:

Ati driver totally suck.

Every thread in this section you seem to bad mouth ATi cards, have you used the latest drivers (v. 11.3 onwards) they have really improved and really optimized, in fact my HD 5770 got a new lease of life after I updated to v. 11.6. If you have not experienced it for yourself, please don't misguide others.

dayanam29 said:
which will be the better card that I can recommend for one of my little friend with in the price range of 5.5k to 6.5k

Look tell your little friend to focus on more important things, later ~ 15 years of age he can try this new poison, as well I'm shocked by this generations loss of understanding something known PEGI ratings -- GTA being played by class 5th students, what will the world come too, a game rated for people only above the age of 18 is played by kids when they're 10 and then they say kids are uncontrollable.

As for your query pertaining to nVidia PHYSX, the basic matter is it is not going to change your gaming experience by a lot, better eye-candy but nothing more. A more commonly used physics simulating library is Havok which is useable optimally for all video cards, and gives pretty much all the functionalities of PHYSX except high-level hardware based calculations which affect the final output in a few games which support that hardware. Here are interesting links on this same topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

http://news.softpedia.com/news/AMD-PhysX-Will-Die-Havok-Is-Future-99876.shtml

http://www.geeks3d.com/20100330/physx-vs-bullet-vs-havok/

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252971-33-physx-havoc

Hope this helps.

nish_pinto said:
Physyx is only a hype!

Physx actually! Nish, just curious but have you actually seen a game that utilises proper Physx before you posted that comment?

There are fewer good games out there that supports hardware accelerated Physx such as Mirror's Edge, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Metro 2033 etc. and the more recent Alice: Madness Returns. You have a GPU capable of Physx support. Have you tried these games? :)

If you haven't yet, I suggest you play Arkham Asylum first! Better still watch this video for the difference:

[youtube]-x9B_4qBAkk[/youtube]

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Revolution said:

Ati driver totally suck.

You seem to be having a bigger problem other than Physx and 'sucky worst drivers'. What GPU would you suggest anyway? :lol:

People who say Physx is a hype/useless have most definitely never played it in its full glory. And until and unless you have, its no use tell others what to do. Games look incredible with Physx on and if you're getting a high end card for not getting the maximum graphic details then i dunno why you're doing that.

Gannu said:
What GPU would you suggest anyway? :lol:

Intel Onboard!

ALPHA17 said:
Every thread in this section you seem to bad mouth ATi cards, have you used the latest drivers (v. 11.3 onwards) they have really improved and really optimized, in fact my HD 5770 got a new lease of life after I updated to v. 11.6. If you have not experienced it for yourself, please don't misguide others.

I have saw the problem(with 11.6 too) that's why I'm talking.
And I can't misguide any other cos all other are smarter than me.....:p

Gannu said:
You seem to be having a bigger problem other than Physx and 'sucky worst drivers'. What GPU would you suggest anyway? :lol:

Nvidia of course,but not for PhysX only.
For PhysX you will need a separate card though.
But,it does not matter if you are not agree with me because you are the mod and way smarter than me.....;)

^^ You do not need to purchase a separate card for PHYSX, nVidia GPU's above mid-range (GTX 560 Ti and above) support it out of the box, you just need the drivers as almost 2-3 years ago nVidia acquired the company Ageia PHYSX which initially used to make those card on a PCI / PCI-e bus interface. Having a PHYSX card at that time as well did not improve your frame rates all it did was simulate more natural looking physics effects in the game.

You use a nVidia card currently so how do you end up knowing about ATi until you try it out (I'm saying for a time-period of at-least a week not some pitiful 1-2 hours on someone else's RIG)?

Can't play game at lower resolution with higher refresh rate(except 60Hz).

Card Ati 5670 and LCD AOC F22.

5670 is not meant to play modern game at 1080p,native resotuion of LCD.

So,have set resolution lower at 1600x900 or less.

But,main problem is can't set refresh rate higher than 60Hz with lower resolution.

What's the problem with 60hz ?

Not for more fps.

At lower resolution with 60Hz image look fade and not sharp.

Confirm this fact with onboard intel VGA with desktop image because game not possible.

^^Dude that 60Hz easy to get used to.Yes..the image is a little sharper with 75fps but I think most people game at 60Hz.I think the haziness or faded-ness you're experiencing is partly due to the fact that you're not running at native resolution.Its a common problem in many LCD monitors.So I don't think you can blame the card entirely.

ALPHA17 said:
Look tell your little friend to focus on more important things, later ~ 15 years of age he can try this new poison, as well I'm shocked by this generations loss of understanding something known PEGI ratings -- GTZ being played by class 5th students, what will the world come too, a game rated for people only above the age of 18 is played by kids when they're 10 and then the say kids are uncontrollable.

Seriously guys...People should pay attention to the PEGI ratings,I was recently shocked to find my 12yr old cousin shooting down strippers in GTA4.His 10yr old brother was standing behind him shouting "Throw a grenade.Blow them to piece-piece":rofl:

nuke'em said:
^^
Seriously guys...People should pay attention to the PEGI ratings,I was recently shocked to find my 12yr old cousin shooting down strippers in GTA4.His 10yr old brother was standing behind him shouting "Throw a grenade.Blow them to piece-piece":rofl:
Absolutely true , my 13 year old cousin was playing GTA vice cty and i was shcoked to see how much he is njoying putting the cheat code and blowing all the people , police out and was laughing :no:, but kids these days are different , in some cyber cafes i can see 10-12 year old kids playing CS 1.6 and abusing each other .

Revolution said:

But,main problem is can't set refresh rate higher than 60Hz with lower resolution.

Not for more fps.

Confirm this fact with onboard intel VGA with desktop image because game not possible.

I have a Acer H203H Dell LCD panel + MSi HD 5770 HAWK card, I am using it since ATi Catalyst v. 10.5 and never have I faced this so called issue of not sharp enough image / graphics,

1) my monitor runs all games decently @1600 x 900 -- 60 Hz with decent amount of eye-candy.

2) I'm not calling you incompetent but since you accept the fact that playing with a AMD HD 5670 on a Full-HD monitor is hopeless, why even try.

3) I don't get all the volumetric effects that one gets with PHYSX in nVidia cards but that is just fine with me.

Look in the end it all boils down to the overall performance / power consumption (on average) argument and nVidia simply hasn't been able to offer anything that lucrative in the market since the end of 9*** series cards and when AMD unleashed the HD 47** / 48** series cards it was the coup de-grace.

Ameet148 said:
tell him to buy a new cricket kit with that money and play with his friends.he's too small for gaming.I know you might not agree,but it'll will have adverse effects on his physical health.

Am not forcing,but it's what happening all around.Man am an adult and am still addicted to these games.
Actualy his parents are not aware about graphics card. now I told them what will be going to happpen if he bought a card. so they discouraged him........

What is the price of 550 ti. What is meant by ti?

QUOTE=Ameet148;1872549]ti means titanium AFAIK.

550 ti--Rs 9.7K[/QUOTE]
thankyou.............is it a particular model name of any manufacturer?[

^^ No Ti cards are supposed to be more power efficient, powerful versions of the same model, like there is a GTX 560 Ti and a standard GTX 560 (basically a tweaked up GTX 460).

There is difference in core speed and RAM speed as well as GPU speed difference ~ 10% @stock settings and then later it is more over-clocker friendly. Here is a detailed read(s) --

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/318967-33-6870

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=28691

For Manufacturer based editions --

ZOTAC has AMP! Edition cards which are factory overclocked, similar system with MSi is Lightning / Twin Frozr / HAWK edition cards.

sukant said:
but kids these days are different , in some cyber cafes i can see 10-12 year old kids playing CS 1.6 and abusing each other .

Oh yeah.. this is true. Back when I was in college, there was this cyber cafe we used to go to play CS. There was this group of 10 year olds who would challenge people to CS matches and then kick everyones asses. These guys were like pro. They would challenge the college kids, beat them and then make them pay for both the teams. Like this they used to spend the whole day in cyber cafe for free!! :p

yeah I know.. cool story bro!

In India, parents usually do not care about ratings. I used to watch WWF/WWE when I was 10 years old in 98/99 when it was going through attitude era, and parents thought it was just a fake fight so it is ok! My entire class used to use the finger and crotch chops during that time. Most Indian parents dismiss games as childish and have zero clue how much of swearing, sex and mindless violence happens in them. If only they sit down spend some actual time with their kids they won't have to wonder why their nice kids turned out to be jerks!

Revolution said:
Not for more fps.

The main problem in your case is not the GPU, but an ignorant user.

On smaller CRT monitors (up to about 15"), few people notice any discomfort below 60–72 Hz. On larger CRT monitors (17" or larger), most people experience mild discomfort unless the refresh is set to 72 Hz or higher. A rate of 100 Hz is comfortable at almost any size. However, this does not apply to LCD monitors. The closest equivalent to a refresh rate on an LCD monitor is its frame rate, which is often locked at 60 frame/s. But this is rarely a problem, because the only part of an LCD monitor that could produce CRT-like flicker—its backlight—typically operates at around 200 Hz.

Refresh rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is refresh rates? And is this applicable to LCD monitors?
Unlike CRT display technology in which the speed the electron beam is swept from the top to the bottom of the screen determines flicker. AMLCD (active matrix liquid crystal display) uses an active element TFT to control each individual pixel and thus refresh rates are not applicable to LCD technology.

Medical Display Solutions for Medical Imaging - ADVAN Int'l Corp. -

Almost all LCD's are locked to 59/60Hz frame rates and even if some LCD claims support for 75Hz @ lower resolutions, it means jack. At best it means that the Display can handle such a signal. LCD's are not always good at handling non native resolutions, so your sharpness and color fade issues could very well be because of that.

Back