Does voice search on Android work for any of you?

muneersn

Disciple
I've always wanted to be able to call /sms without having to hold up the phone, but the voice search feature just doesn’t get anything right. Tried saying "call (name) " etc but it doesn't recognise. Any body here who efficiently uses this feature?

Havent tried sms but callin people works ok. Must have missed twice out of around 20 times i must have used it..

It sort of works. If I say dial or text, it'll open the dialer or message window, but it never finds any of my contacts.
I interchanged between US English and Indian English, but didn't have success with either. Is there something else I should be doing?

Well that sort of depends.. Most voice assistant apps are optimised for nativd english speakers.. The app has difficulty understanding our accent.. :p

S2 voice assistant is decent though.. Does the calling and sms part pretty well.. Though I dont use it much.. Come to think of it, I dont use it at all.. :)

It is more of a novelty feature currently.. And good for show off and impress.. But still has a long way to go.. Perhaps Siri is the most advanced of them all, but even Siri has its limitations..

Back