Android Does your phone stop charging above a certain percentage by itself without using 3rd party app?

6pack

ex-Mod
I had connected my Pixel 6a to a 5w usb wall charger from more than 4 hours and I saw it stopped charging above 85 percent from past hour. I thought charger died or something but charger was okay. Looks like its inbuilt in pixel phones and tablets to save battery life. Previously it used to charge till 100 percent but now its staying at 85. Does your phone do some thing similar?

I had a similar problem in Mi 11t pro. Found the solution online to let the phone discharged completely and then charge to 100% while being switched off. This just calibrated the battery and then phone started getting charged to 100% normally

Pixel has this feature , Adaptive charging . You can stop it if you want
If you put your Pixel on charger it stop at 85% and goes to 100% only in last 1 hour before you wake up

I had connected my Pixel 6a to a 5w usb wall charger from more than 4 hours and I saw it stopped charging above 85 percent from past hour. I thought charger died or something but charger was okay. Looks like its inbuilt in pixel phones and tablets to save battery life. Previously it used to charge till 100 percent but now its staying at 85. Does your phone do some thing similar?
Samsung is the only one where you have a specific limit at 85% but more importantly, it also supports charge passthrough so that the battery doesn't go below 85% if you have it connected to the charger.

Pixel has adaptive charging which temporarily pauses the charging at 85%. It works well with power banks and low wattage chargers but during the day, if connected to high wattage chargers it will still slowly charge to 100%.

iPhone has almost the same functionality as Pixel where the charging disconnects at 80% when connected to capable power banks, but otherwise slowly charges to 100%.

Tecno Phone has even better feature depending upon usage

Battery bypass on any App . Connect charger, open App, Charger power's the Phone without battery .

Back