CPU/Mobo Domestic shipping suggestions

Viplab Thakur

Disciple
I was approached by someone living in Chennai to buy a motherboard that I am selling at OLX. This would be my first time shipping something. Please suggest a cheap and reliable shipping company. Also should I ask for the payment to be made before shipping it out. Please help me, I know nothing about all this.

I have used Dtdc a couple of times for shipping. They are reliable for small parcels. They take around 4 days to deliver.
Regarding payment- you should definitely take it first before shipping, since you do not know the person.
Also be careful while taking payment via apps like Phone Pe, Gpay, Upi, etc. And ensure that the amount is credited to you and not taken from your account.
Please be careful since its your first time doing such a transaction.
All the best.

can you also suggest if I should ask the receiving party to pay 50% of the shipping charges??
On OLX, it would be wise to get 100% payment before shipping it out since you have no way to get your money if the other person goes rogue or turns out to be a scammer. Essentially, you are putting your trust in a complete stranger. Personally, I wouldn't do a remote deal on OLX at all. It's risky for both buyers and sellers. Face-2-face is better.

Go with ShipRocket. Its give you Good Options in fair Price.
Well at least in recent few months, their customer service has gone from bad to worse. Pickups don't happen on time and often need escalated multiple times. The shipping statuses are "faked". I know they are an aggregator and prices are cheaper but more often than not, their service is so pathetic that you are better off paying higher to a regular courier. This could be location specific though - Blr was ok but Kol is very bad.

Do a video call before selling, take photos while packing. Please don't skimp on the packing, better to pay an extra 50-100 rather than end up with damaged hardware.
Logistics is purely subjective and regional. If you are from the southern states Professional couriers are good, else the choice is on the buyer.

Well at least in recent few months, their customer service has gone from bad to worse. Pickups don't happen on time and often need escalated multiple times. The shipping statuses are "faked". I know they are an aggregator and prices are cheaper but more often than not, their service is so pathetic that you are better off paying higher to a regular courier. This could be location specific though - Blr was ok but Kol is very bad.O

Over the months of arranging pickups via Delhivery where I'm the buyer, I've had two instances where the agents opened the packing to "inspect" what was being picked up.
When I took this up with the CS team and asked them why this happened and requested them re-seal the package, they did not provide any help.

DTDC is best and cost effective....Go to direct DTDC shippers and avoid those who has tie up with DTDC and 10 other courier services cos they basically tend to charge more.... Direct DTDC ppl charge 100 Rs for around 3Kg I believe.

Isnt dtdc hesitant in accepting electronic items? Here in chennai , i approached a local branch in 2017 to ship a motherboard processor combo, they flat-out refused. Had to use speedpost

DTDC is best and cost effective....Go to direct DTDC shippers and avoid those who has tie up with DTDC and 10 other courier services cos they basically tend to charge more.... Direct DTDC ppl charge 100 Rs for around 3Kg I believe.
How to contact Dtdc lite directly in Mumbai ?
Whenever i have sent anything from Mumbai to Bangalore, even below 1kg (700 gms to be precise) they have charged around 300. I guess they are the tie-ups your referring to.

How to contact Dtdc lite directly in Mumbai ?
Whenever i have sent anything from Mumbai to Bangalore, even below 1kg (700 gms to be precise) they have charged around 300. I guess they are the tie-ups your referring to.
Same happened with me when I sent a RAM stick from Chennai to Mumbai using a tie up who charged me 400Rs whereas when I sent the second RAM stick directly through DTDC they charged me only 100Rs... Just Google DTDC centers around you and call them one by one, ask if the provide only DTDC or other courier services as well, if they offer other courier service along with DTDC then they are just tie-ups, so ignore them and find the one who does DTDC alone.

Same happened with me when I sent a RAM stick from Chennai to Mumbai using a tie up who charged me 400Rs whereas when I sent the second RAM stick directly through DTDC they charged me only 100Rs... Just Google DTDC centers around you and call them one by one, ask if the provide only DTDC or other courier services as well, if they offer other courier service along with DTDC then they are just tie-ups, so ignore them and find the one who does DTDC alone.
Thanks for the useful information.
Infact if you tell them the rate is high, then they start calculating Volumetric weight.

As many suggested, DTDC is what I have experience with. Reliable and reasonable but only if you deal with them directly.

And with regards to the shipping cost, if you want to bear 50%, maybe ask the buyer to initially bear the full cost and you can refund him the 50% upon successful delivery.

Back