Laptops Dont bring HP laptops from abroad, HP's rejecting warranty for imported laptops

amd999

Adept
Sub:Regarding HP's Warranty Policy for ITW products .

I wish to point out that HP's warranty policies are not fair.Many of

our customers brought HP products from USA,Singapore & UAE.But HP India's

Service providers (Maha computers & Nortech in Kerala)are not willing

to repair /replace in warranty products and are rejecting the

same,saying that "its not supported in India".Major HPs laptops are sold on all countires ,but with different internal spec/or model numbers.

in our observation models that sold in India too rejected by HP as " not available in India" !!!

When contacted to these ASP's they are not willing to provide any

statement on the same.They just saying that this model is not supported

by them in India.!!!

Many of the customer's are duped by this HP's in warranty policy,

although these products are still under HP's international Warranty

(ITW),they are just refusing the same.They even dosent verify the same

via online tools, by just seeing them rejects the warranty.Some times

they are charging 100-400% as spares/service costs from customers

too.(many customers who are in hurry fell to HP ASP's play!!)

HP's website also doses not shows any "special terms" for the same.

I request any concerned members to look forward into the same matter.

If there is any country specific warranty policy, then it must clearly

showed on HP's website, also the same should be made public via channel

players.

If i buy a HP laptop from India, the dealer says that its under

international warranty, when i goes abroad , they rejects the same and

vice versa for any products brought from abroad.

I came to know that many customer's are filing case against HP on Consumer

courts too.

Now its clear " Not to buy any HP products from aborad",

if any TE member has any clear idea on the same please post here to help other TE members !!

it is outrage.

the whole point of laptop is portability and thus the warranty is applicable globally... the BS that they gave may not be directly from HP.. it is advisable to contact HP directly and bring the issue to their notice.

hp off late has been consistently been delivering substandard laptops and the backing it up with woeful suport.

Um.

1. My friends who got off the shelf laptops from the us got warranties, full motherboard replacement at all if the same model was available in india, such as "standard" dv6500

2. My laptop was customized from their website, it didnt get warranty. Customized dv6500

My friend in the U.S. warned me against buying anything of HP. His year old laptop is literally falling to pieces. He also said that their customer care never respond. Really sad stuff.

I guess Ive been lucky, my t7500 custom hp dv6500 has been working like a charm, no heat, no noise. runs crysis and farcry easily and all.

few more customers from Kerala also reported the same, the number of customers rising in Kerala for the last few days, dont know if its same across India !!

Its always better to buy the product in the country you plan to use it. Global warranty is not applicable for most of the products as rules and regulations differ along with prices for the product.

that suck even i bought the compaq/hp laptop 2 year ago from Malynda after my motherboard gone kaput and it die cause of gpu overheating and i vist to hp service center they ask for 8-9k charge for replacement board + service and labour cost and extra cost blah blah

and i got upset cause of most of HP/Compaq's laptop have bad warranty due to refused to replacement after warranty end it and i sold the death laptop for 8k and i am disappointment at worst service at india :(

i was planning to buy a HP envy 14 from US .

please mention service centre names if you got a HP laptop repaired from abroad . In lucknow we have two service centres by different names UPTEC and ??? . Send a consumer forum notice to them with printouts of HP claims (its free)

make a thread on hp forums and notebookreview with INDIA in title

Errr..AFAIK, most HP laptops don't have international warranty. So its never been recommended to buy from US and bring to India.

Dell is one of the few companies that have international support (with NBD warranty and higher). Some Toshiba/Vaio models 'may' qualify.

Check before you buy is the best method.

more than 99% of HP laptops sold in all places in the world are under international travellers warranty(ITW) , also for toshiba,sony,dell,acer,packard bell,alienware etc.A laptop/netbook means for travellers and manufacturers ships with ITW costs on the same. Only few local makes only have local limited warranty!!! HPs website shows the model have international warranty, but HP local service providers rejects the claim and charges as much 100-400% as repair costs !!!!!.

If there is any change in policy, it must clearly displayed on the website. Many dealers selling HP laptops and informing the customers that its under ITW.

we are waiting for HPs India's comment on the same soon !!

on a serious note, HP service is a joke!

all you can do, when you get laptops from abroad is take really good care of them.

Try to clean the insides once in a couple of months. Monitor temperatures closely if you OC or do intensive tasks (including gaming).

Know the limits of your PC, and know when to stop pushing it.

These little things go a long way in making sure you have a trouble-free experience.

Back