DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

Its some of the issues that I dint like Dota 2 much compared to LOL. Also to add, there is no surrender system increasing the agony period with trolls and noobs. LOL is much better in that aspect.

Anyone facing an issues with Sea / Dubai or India pings?

When i ping sea server its shows me 60 but in game it shows me 180 o.o

Hmm I thought they fixed it. SEA causes packet loss for me sometimes, for others India has packet loss. Depends on ISP and routing.

I lost 100MMR in a streak on Valentine's day. RIP. I screwed up one of the match playing WR semi-support. I should've rushed Blink but changed my mind and made something else. I fed their Pudge and got an end game score of 0-10 and a few assists. Played WR again next game, played well and we went 5-20 score but they quickly regrouped and lost the match because of a shitty Slardar player with fail stuns and no track on enemy's riki. The other game was 4v5, had a shitty Drow who left after feeding. Yet another game was we were all melee players. I randomed meepo and they got Axe last pick in addition to PA. Teammates didn't have the balls to gank PA nor make MKB. Nearly won but a fat PA made little work of us. Two hits=dead. :D
Tried to get back my morale by playing normal match but lost that as well. 3 hard carries on OD, Spectre and one other couldn't kill an enemy's Gyro late game lol. Well i played Spectre and couldn't farm well because of too much harassment and fed a little early game. Didn't bother radiance so I simply rushed Heart. We could've ended the game mid but we decided to troll and they made a comeback. So not a single match won on, of all days, Valentine's Day. I'm speechless.

Anyone facing an issues with Sea / Dubai or India pings?

When i ping sea server its shows me 60 but in game it shows me 180 o.o
Dunno. I've been playing on a local cafe with a crappy Pentium dualcore pc at 150-200ms latency and fps ~30'ish. It sucks. I think that I'm one of the many players whose fps decreased after Reborn and further drop in some patches.
I also noticed that one could no longer change PC in an ongoing game (logs out from one pc and logs in from another one). It was reconnecting but server threw me out. So I went back to the same pc again. Re-joined game only to have a score of 0-1-0. Some retards controlled me. (pause was requested before i logged out and enemy team paused but apparently teammates resumed. Cancer boys.) Lost that match as well. Tch.

Last edited:
Get a party together. It should be easier if you play at a cafe. Below 3k it is very difficult for solo players. And trying playing scaling supports who can roam and kill. Gank early, buy wards, get rosh etc.

I hate parties. Feel that solo climbing is a better proof that i'm better/getting better. I don't mind 5v5 LAN which we often play.
Agree about the hero but again teammates can screw up. Sven is good.

If you are still nterested to play LOL, let me know. We can duo in ranked :) I am in EUW server.

I play on garena sg server.[DOUBLEPOST=1455849468][/DOUBLEPOST]What would the ping be on these dota servers with bsnl 2mbps connection.

How often are updates out. When i started dota 2 i experienced updates every 1-2 days and it was irritating. I hardly get to play an hour a day and because of these updates i most often dont play. I like LoL on this aspect plus they have new heroes too.

Got back 50 MMR points yesterday. FeelsGood
Thought we were going to lose because of our poor CM player but some ganks and shouting paid off. My Sven had to TP back and forth. The enemy team was more well organized.
When i started dota 2 i experienced updates every 1-2 days and it was irritating.

lol you still get such updates even to this day. There was a huge 900'ish MB update yesterday. Spent about 2hrs in the cafe downloading. They really are annoying but fact is most of them can be gamechanging. This will go on for as long as the game is alive in the competitive scene.
btw lets not turn this into a LoL thread guys.

Sold the sets, chests and infusers from compendium and got myself Rise of Tomb Raider. Best compendium yet for value for money.

Take a break. Play some other games. I had streaks like this sometimes, helps to refresh, reset and come back with a positive mindset.

Sold the sets, chests and infusers from compendium and got myself Rise of Tomb Raider. Best compendium yet for value for money.
Ye people on /r are all praise for it. If what i heard is true i hope that Valve continues to do this for future compendiums as well. I mean one can earn lots of points just by playing unlike the TI compendiums which we normally level by buying points aka "pay to win". How many points/levels have you got to? I heard those ultra rare rewards of the winter treasures cost thousands of rupees. I wonder how many people have received the Ursula and Dazzle set. The latter one looks wicked!
I didn't buy the Compendium though.
on such a losing spree....went from 3.4k to 2.4k solo...getting such bad games not, hopeless..
shit happens dude. I win one game, I lose five more. Cycle repeats.

How many points/levels have you got to?

I am level 23 now. Opened some chests, didn't get any rares, sold all the rest. I play with a stack so we help each other out completing quests. Completed the bloom quest, mid quest and support quest, sold the sets except the Lich one, which I will keep. Opened a couple of bloom parcels, sold the rest. The best thing they have done is you can immediately sell Winter items, no more waiting for 3 months when nobody is interested. I really wanted the dazzle set, it's a shame they made it ultra rare, it costs thousands now.

People have got arcanas from the Rylai wheel, they made bank when the unlimited wheel spins bug was active. I just got infusers and common sets :(

I got all shit items from that spin i am on lvl 42 and i got like some 17 sets. I am a collector i love to collect sets and i only open the set if i really play that hero we should play a game together just for fun if you guys are interested you can add me.

ID : zeroun_

Back