download part of the mp3 file

harmeetmatta

Disciple
i need to download some mp3 files but they are all large files of like 18 hrs....is there any way or software wherein i can download only the part of the file that is suppose i need only first 2 hrs of the file...i knw its lil weird but any inputs on this are appreciated

thnx :)

do you have direct mp3 type download ... if it is rar or zip archive then this may not work ...

in general an mp3 file's size is 1MB per 1 minute . OR calculate it from size & length / time .

now estimate the time required to download 1MB from your connection . download the part

for required time !! that is turn off internet after downloading the required part .

if it is in an archive , still you can try it ...

digambara01.gif

I've downloaded it for 10 minutes only with my 256kbps connection :)

seshu said:
do you have direct mp3 type download ... if it is rar or zip archive then this may not work ...
in general an mp3 file's size is 1MB per 1 minute . OR calculate it from size & length / time .

well see the mp3 files are under the name 'kirtan archive'...actually they r religious songs file...live recorded

as of now they are all 200mb each file and with the length of 18hrs....and there is no proper download option....i download it by right clickin on media player thru which i can play the files on the net and then from the properties i get the link of the file which i put in Download Accelerator Plus software and then basically the download starts nd my files are saved with .mp3 extension...there is no extracting nd unrarin done at all....

so i think they are proper mp3 files...please clarify if i m wrong :)

for required time !! that is turn off internet after downloading the required part .
if it is in an archive , still you can try it ...

well what i hv tried is like i pause the file after downloading abt 40 to 50% of it in DAP but then the files don hv the complete part of what i want...they will hv like first 1 hr then scrollin straight moves to 6th or 7th hr or towards then end...basically i don get the whole thing....so is ther a way i can download..from 2hrs till 6 hrs...proper...without ne scrollin prob

pls lemme knw....thanx a lot :)

^^ The problem is that DAP will download the file in parts , for example it will simultaneously download first 10% , 40-50% etc , either change number of segments in options to 1 , or download it through your browser .

Back