Download youtube videos in chrome

After having one of those 'Download Video from YouTube' sites many moons ago, i thought i'd check the code and see what could be done for Chrome as yes it can be done.

Create a new bookmark and call it "Download YouTube" or something you will remember, then for the address field paste:

javascript:window.location.href = 'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + swfArgs['video_id']+ "&l=" + swfArgs['l'] + "&sk=" + swfArgs['sk'] + '&fmt_map' + swfArgs['fmt_map'] + '&t=' + swfArgs['t'];

Then save your bookmark. Next go to the YouTube video you want to download, when it starts playing click your "Download YouTube" bookmark and you will see the .flv start to download in Chrome's download status bar.

Source: Download YouTube Videos in Chrome - Google Chrome Forums

Nice trick withthe bookmarklet but I rather like the Youtube Enhancer userscript for GreaseMonkey

YouTube Enhancer for Greasemonkey

One think i dislike about these methods is that they require user interaction. So instead i wrote my own program to dl 720p vids (or the next best avl) from youtube links in a text file and autorename files i.e. youtube nirvana :p

Back