Drill Machine Suggestions required

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Is this a good Buy : Bosch-GSB-500W-500-RE
Task to be performed :
1) Drill in wall for screws.
2) Drill in wood for screews and fitting.
3) Able to attact the round circle cutter attachment so if needed can drill a hole with it in wood.
4) Drill in Acyralic Sheets if possible.
5) Sky is the limit :p

First time buy, as I am tired of asking people for a drill machine when its required at home.

Is this a good Buy : Bosch-GSB-500W-500-RE
Task to be performed :
1) Drill in wall for screws.
2) Drill in wood for screews and fitting.
3) Able to attact the round circle cutter attachment so if needed can drill a hole with it in wood.
4) Drill in Acyralic Sheets if possible.
5) Sky is the limit [emoji14]

First time buy, as I am tired of asking people for a drill machine when its required at home.
Seems good. Has forward & reverse grilling plus Variable speed

I bought some heavy duty machine some 7 years back and going strong. It doesn't have reverse n variable bit though

You can always buy various bits, plus u can use it for sanding as well with an appropriate kit

Seems good. Has forward & reverse grilling plus Variable speed

I bought some heavy duty machine some 7 years back and going strong. It doesn't have reverse n variable bit though

You can always buy various bits, plus u can use it for sanding as well with an appropriate kit
can you share some links for appropriate kit ! I am a complete noob when comes to this. Don't even know the terminology which I can ask to shopkeeper and get the stuff :p

can you share some links for appropriate kit ! I am a complete noob when comes to this. Don't even know the terminology which I can ask to shopkeeper and get the stuff :p
Attached a couple. First buy and get yourself familierised before investing in any of these kits..

There are more though.. you can even attach car polisher

I have its bigger brother, GSB 600 (I found the 10 RE small for my hands).

I use it primarily for walls/concrete. I have a smaller less powerful and lighter one for wood.

For screws, you would want a much smaller one. Aiming something this big on a screw head won't be easy. Get something more specialized if you are doing lots of screws.

You should be able to use hole saw or forstner bits for cutting circles in wood.

I have never worked with acrylic. But if it melts with heat, you want to be careful. You don't want to cut material that will stick to the bit.

I want to know what are they call :angelic:
Don;t worry. Just go to the hardware store and use sign language to explain what you want to do :) I haven't met one seller who wasn't helpful.

Last edited:
This kit doesn't come with a handle. It will be ok to use in bricks without handle, but not in concrete. Also don't use this drill or bits in pure concrete, it won't work. I have the same kit, but I have 2 more drills which are many times more expensive and hence this kit is not used a lot. It was my first kit though and handy for using around the house, until I upgraded.

This kit doesn't come with a handle. It will be ok to use in bricks without handle, but not in concrete. Also don't use this drill or bits in pure concrete, it won't work. I have the same kit, but I have 2 more drills which are many times more expensive and hence this kit is not used a lot. It was my first kit though and handy for using around the house, until I upgraded.
share the knowledge on other kits you are using :angelic:

share the knowledge on other kits you are using :angelic:
I have a Dewalt Cordless DCD996 drill and a Dewalt Cordless Impact Driver DCF887. They are too expensive in India so had one of my friend's carry them to India for me.
For drilling into concrete, and I had to drill a lot of holes at my farm, I went a little overboard and splurged on a Hilti TE 7C Rotary Hammer Drill and Hilti's special TE-CX concrete drill bits which work even in reinforced concrete and you don't have to change bits when you reach the rebar in the concrete.

Am using a Bosch 13RE bought more than 10 years ago. Regularly use it on brick (and rarely on RCC - doesn't do so well, here), wood, sheet metal - and occassionally use it with DIY attachments to grind, sand, and even drive our hand-cranked meat-grinder. The drill bits that came with the kit dulled out quickly - you'll need to replace them with decent ones.

Not sure if the build quality still is the same, but mine is quite solidly built. Had taken it apart a couple of times to clean and replace the grease and the brushes - as I recall, it was a straightforward disassembly/assembly. The only thing that I find awkward is the chuck mechanism (primitive, when compared to keyless chucks on more recent models).

OP buy RCC drill set separately, all is good for mention drill set... For our home General purpose it's more than enough

I would advice to go with

It has concrete drill included. Also mention brand is quite good and I have used their welding machine.
is this the same drill or the one you suggested is more powerfull ?
link : https://www.amazon.in/Black-Decker-...e0-21&linkId=c5215e5aafac6541ee194eb75bab480d

found a youtube link :

One I suggested has 100 watt more power... You can go with any one but don't spend much on fancy name.

I have used so many company drill and even cheapo 1500 Rs one will enough for house work.
Bad advice, IMHO. You don't necessarily need to buy an expensive model. But don't just go for the cheapest no-name machine. These are potentially dangerous - and a poorly built machine can do some damage (from a blown fuse, or a burnt finger, to something really serious).

found a youtube link :
A circular saw blade in a drill? Bad advice. Get a proper circular saw if you ever want to do this. Even his clamping method was awful. That is not how you cut a piece of wood.

A friend of mine and I had build a wood shop a few years ago. If you aren't careful, things start flying around. You can hurt yourself really bad.

A circular saw blade in a drill? Bad advice. Get a proper circular saw if you ever want to do this. Even his clamping method was awful. That is not how you cut a piece of wood.

A friend of mine and I had build a wood shop a few years ago. If you aren't careful, things start flying around. You can hurt yourself really bad.
This I am aware of ;) was looking more into polishing surface for wood or acrylic :)
7F2273D5-6B28-4D38-A969-16481E2967C3.jpeg

Got this quote for local shop. They don’t have full kit but 850waat machine for 2050 sounds great
How is this drill bit : Bosch X30Ti Drill Bit and Driver Bit Set (30-Pieces)

Last edited:
Have Makita M0801BX2 at home, was going to buy Bosch one, but because this one has bigger diameter i.e. 16mm settled for this one, I am not a professional got this one for diy use but it is serving me very well, it is light weight and powerful and has variable speed control which I loved and a reverse-forward switch, comes with some metal drill bitts & a side handle. I used it on brick walls & some wooden planks works superb.

Don't use a drill for polishing. Firstly, if you know what finish you are using, one doesn't need to polish or apply wax regularly. If you just apply a PU finish to your wood, then you don't need to polish it. Plus, a drill with it's high RPM will never be a good polisher, and neither a good sander. You need specific tools for specific jobs and not jugaadofy one tool for multiple uses for which it isn't designed.

Don't use a drill for polishing. Firstly, if you know what finish you are using, one doesn't need to polish or apply wax regularly. If you just apply a PU finish to your wood, then you don't need to polish it. Plus, a drill with it's high RPM will never be a good polisher, and neither a good sander. You need specific tools for specific jobs and not jugaadofy one tool for multiple uses for which it isn't designed.
Polishing will be for the mods I am planning to make for myself like a gpu supporter and all. not for big things. also this have speed controller so slow should be good then ?
Have Makita M0801BX2 at home, was going to buy Bosch one, but because this one has bigger diameter i.e. 16mm settled for this one, I am not a professional got this one for diy use but it is serving me very well, it is light weight and powerful and has variable speed control which I loved and a reverse-forward switch, comes with some metal drill bitts & a side handle. I used it on brick walls & some wooden planks works superb.
16mm sounds more 3 fitting option. for how much you got this ? online price is 4k plus.

Back