Storage Solutions Drive not detected in windows

my seagate HDD shows up in bios but when i boot it's not there and it's not even there in disk management and solution to this problem

EDIT: forgot to mention that the warranty period has ended so can't take it to service center

right click my computer -> click manage -> disk management -> find ur disk there -> convert to basic disc and enjoy

sorry didnt completly read the first post

tell me are u able to see it under disk drives ???

try changing the port or the power cable attached to it

seatools dos or windows version?

try running the seatools dos version with only ur hdd attached and nothing else.

it should detect the hdd in dos mode.

yes it detected it in dos mode and it passed the long self test but when i boot to windows it shows up in devide managemer but then i click on disk manager it dosen't detect it

EDIT: should i try to updare the firmware version it's 3.AAe version right now

errr.....similar problem my end , out of the blue my seagate is behaving in the same manner, it had abt 8 mb in bad sectors suddenly and now it completely stopped , no disk utility software is able to catch up to it......:( .....so did ur disk also have any baddies on it ?

@gaurish

it's SATA II with 1.5G jumper on but it dosen't even work without the jumper

@hanzy

No HD tune test shows no damage or bad sectord but yes out of the blue it started to behave strange

@hanzy software name is HDD Scan

@greenhorn first i installed the HDD Scan

then open it

click on

in the command selection select verifiy and click start. it will take about 30 mins - 2 hours depending on the size

then when it checks it run the rad command

after that it can be recodnised by ur recovery software if u want to recover something this is the point to recover

after u do ur recovery u click on the erase command and erase the hard disk (this will take a very long time so grab a cup of coffee and relax in ur chair:D)

then go to ur disk management and it will be there as un partitioned space

just partition it and format it

u r good to go

here's the software download link(evaluation Version)

Hdd scan Free Download

it's the first download file

Photographer said:
then open it
click on
in the command selection select verifiy and click start. it will take about 30 mins - 2 hours depending on the size
then when it checks it run the rad command
after that it can be recodnised by ur recovery software if u want to recover something this is the point to recover

after u do ur recovery u click on the erase command and erase the hard disk (this will take a very long time so grab a cup of coffee and relax in ur chair:D)
then go to ur disk management and it will be there as un partitioned space
just partition it and format it
u r good to go

the "verify" process is running right now , could u pls elaborate more on the process.....what is the "RAD" command ?? do u mean it runs the rad command or we have to manually run the rad command ? which recovery software did u use ? ^repped.

Back