Graphic Cards Drivers for HD 5770

Nir-V-aNa

Disciple
Hi guys,

I'm using an HD 5770 since the last 2 months. I've been using the Catalyst driver version 10.4 on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Every now and then the size of my mouse pointer increases to almost thrice its original size. After some time the screen flickers and I get an error saying my driver has stopped functioning and the driver crashes. Then my comp freezes and I am left with no alternative but to restart the comp. Is there any solution to this? or do I have to change the drivers? If so then which version is known to be stable? I dont care if its something significantly older, I just need a stable one. I work on Maya and I'm sick of the drivers crashing and me losing my work. Thx in advance :)

asingh said:
See if you can get 10.4a. Else will give you the link. It is quite stable.
In a bit of a hurry and couldnt find the link to 10.4a so going for 10.6 for now. Hope its stable, else will ask you for the link to 10.4a. Thx guys :hap2:

Hi guys,

I'm using an HD 5770 since the last 2 months. I've been using the Catalyst driver version 10.4 on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Every now and then the size of my mouse pointer increases to almost thrice its original size. After some time the screen flickers and I get an error saying my driver has stopped functioning and the driver crashes. Then my comp freezes and I am left with no alternative but to restart the comp. Is there any solution to this? or do I have to change the drivers? If so then which version is known to be stable? I dont care if its something significantly older, I just need a stable one. I work on Maya and I'm sick of the drivers crashing and me losing my work. Thx in advance :)
also seems like an issue with advanced zooming.

control panel >> accessibility

you will find the option over there and make sure it is disabed.

madnav said:
also seems like an issue with advanced zooming.

control panel >> accessibility

you will find the option over there and make sure it is disabed.

I couldn't find the option ur talking abt in Win 7. Also it doesn't happen when I'm zooming in Maya, if that's what you mean. I noticed it generally happens when I switch to full screen...whether I run a game or watch a movie. And then the pointer stays huge for some time or until the display driver crashes and I have to reboot.

Running 10.6 and it seems to be stable, for now. Although the windows Aero theme did stop working abruptly once but only for a couple of mins and was back to normal then. No issues apart from that. Thx again guys :)

Back