Drivers not found for Reliance USB cable

superczar

Skilled
I bought a 3rd party USB cable for my Reliance RD2130 (moonlight) to use it for R-connect.

I verified the cable by pluggin it into my laptop and the laptop (Win XP home) instantly recognized the device as a USB-Serial converter. I then happily bought the cable and came back home.

The problem started when I tied to install the drivers. The CD that came along with the cable apparentyly had the drivers (FTDI chipset) which I tried installing but to no avail. Windows always returned an error saying invalid drivers.

I tried downloading the latest drivers from Relianceinfo.com but none seemed to work.

My question now is:

1- If the cable gets recognized by Windows, could it still be defective?

2- the driver CD that came with the cable (it's burnt on a cheap CD) has the drivers that are available on the reliance site. Is it possible that third party cables use a different chipset (than the reliance original cables) and hence the driver mismatch....
I can find out the chipset by taking apart the cable, but then the cable seller won't replace it if it doesn't work even after that.

3- If yes, what are the other possible drivers, and where can I find them? What are the other common chipsets used in USB cables for Reliance cables

Thanks

Well even I have the same set and I use datacable.
I downloaded the drivers from the infocomm website for the set.
And all LG sets well the small one use the same data cable.... I had 2030 before.
ANyway I had two data cables one was original and the other was the cheap local market one and they both work perfectly.
I dont think windows ever recognises cables.... of course it recognises your handset as a modem. If it is recognising then I dont think that there is any fault with the cable.
there are no other drivers and dont open the box. Just try and install the same drivers again which you have from the website....
Also if the phone is getting detected then i dont think that he will refund as his job is done.
However one important fact that I should mention here is that botth my cables are serial.... so maybe youcan check those out aswell.

Also if the phone is getting detected
The phone doesn't get detected...Just the cable does.....

Once I connect the cable, I get prompted for drivers for the new "USB-Serial bridge" device. The drivers on the CD 9or for that matter frm the reliance site) return an error

Well then try ignoring that prompt and install from the reliance installer.
since it is saying that driver error so that means the port on the phone is not damaged.
Try asking for the replacement from your vendor.

Installing from the Reliance Installer also get stuck on the install driver step...
Basically LG phones do not have a native USB interface, so the chip on the cable does the job of USB-Serial bridging....
Now the USB-serial bridge chip on the cable is indeed functional (or else the Laptop wouldn't have recognized the cabel as a USB-serial bridge device)....But the driver instalation fails as I get a message saying that the provided drivers are not the right match for your device.....

Apparently, the chip on this cable uses some other chipset (not the USB-serial bridge chipset on the reliance cabel), so I need to getthe correct drivers for that

hi,
which port you are attaching it on your m/c ?? serial or usb.
since i use samsung it is usb.(which i made it myself, 10 mins job really)
i do not know about LG ????

Am using the usb port....i do not have a com port on the laptop.

However, LG does has only native Serial support, so all LG cables come with a USB-Serial bridge chip

You can try doing this.

1)remove the cable from ur laptop.
2)from the device manager remove / delete that "USB-Serial converter Device" entry.
3) reboot
4) install the drivers for that usb-serial converter device. the ones which came With the cable.those FTDI ones.
5) Reboot
6) now connect the cable and proceed to install the reliance software.
kindly post back your observations.

You can try doing this.
1)remove the cable from ur laptop.

2)from the device manager remove / delete that "USB-Serial converter Device" entry.

3) reboot

4) install the drivers for that usb-serial converter device. the ones which came With the cable.those FTDI ones.

5) Reboot

6) now connect the cable and proceed to install the reliance software.

kindly post back your observations.

4- I discovered that USB serial drivers for my cable are profilic chipset drivers so installed them and the device got detected....

Tha still wasn't the end of my woes, The R-connect installation still fails, it gets stuck at the point where it asks for plugging in and installing the device (cable)...though the device gets detected and installed, the next button refuses to come on..

The only problem is with the cable itself. Because I have also met the same complaint with my moonlight set, and I used to prefer my cable by trial and error finding method from all the cable venders in my town. The driver cd contains the right one and driver from relianceinfo.com is also suitable.
yours jkattur.

Even i am having the same problem.. I have installed the drivers and when the reliance r connect software asks me to connect the phone to the usb it does not detect the phone(lg rd 2130)... i dont think there is a problem with my usb port as i have been using my bluetooth dongle on that. windows does not detect my phone as a modem and the next button does not gets highlighted........ please somebody help me................. if any body has a solution to this problem please do e-mail me at jubimathew@rediffmail.com
:mad:

superczar said:
I bought a 3rd party USB cable for my Reliance RD2130 (moonlight) to use it for R-connect.

I verified the cable by pluggin it into my laptop and the laptop (Win XP home) instantly recognized the device as a USB-Serial converter. I then happily bought the cable and came back home.

The problem started when I tied to install the drivers. The CD that came along with the cable apparentyly had the drivers (FTDI chipset) which I tried installing but to no avail. Windows always returned an error saying invalid drivers.

I tried downloading the latest drivers from Relianceinfo.com but none seemed to work.

My question now is:

1- If the cable gets recognized by Windows, could it still be defective?

2- the driver CD that came with the cable (it's burnt on a cheap CD) has the drivers that are available on the reliance site. Is it possible that third party cables use a different chipset (than the reliance original cables) and hence the driver mismatch....
I can find out the chipset by taking apart the cable, but then the cable seller won't replace it if it doesn't work even after that.

3- If yes, what are the other possible drivers, and where can I find them? What are the other common chipsets used in USB cables for Reliance cables

Thanks

Back