Droid phone needed: around 20k, flash

rockinruler

Disciple
Hey,
My friend needs to buy a new droid phone.
Budget is Around 20k, still the cheaper, the better.
She'd definitely want warranty on the phone, so that rules Atrix out.

Also, not having camera flash could be a deal breaker.

I'm considering LGO2x.
Which other phones should I look at?

Also, I was wondering are Sony's Android phones any good? And if yes, why aren't they so popular?

Thanks for looking in guys.

rockinruler said:
Also, I was wondering are Sony's Android phones any good? And if yes, why aren't they so popular?

Thanks for looking in guys.
Expensive. Thats why they arent popular. Another reason is they were very slow with updates. Their flagship X10 was running Android 1.6(Donut) even after GB release!

But since the current bunch already runs Ginger Bread OS (Which is very polished and has most features that one would need) i guess its ok to get them now.

Arc is real good looking phones and gals would like the looks rather than raw power. But still thats a bit above your budget.

If waiting is possible wait for the Xperia Ray. Quit compact device and certainly a looker :) Should launch in the 18k-20k bracket.

Sony Ericsson Xperia ray preview: First look - GSMArena.com

^ Yeah, She would love the Ray's design...

@Op don't Get 2x for her, It is a big phone. I mean it is almost as big as phones with 4.3 inch screen even though it is 4 incher. Still The camera supposed to produce great stills.

Ray too small screen for its price.Won't be enjoyable to browse through pictures, watch videos and will be uncomfortable to browse the web.
Better go for Defy / Nexus S, if she's geeky, would do os updates, install custom ROMs etc.,
If she's not geeky, better go for HTC's one. She wouldn't mind about the loss of details / over noise reduction in camera quality. But will love the SENSE UI and the smoothness of it. And HTC's devices DOES have the sexy/stylish look, appeal and design that Sony Ericsson has (at least comes close to it). So Desire S for 21,299 @LB after discount is a good choice.

Nexus S from Letsbuy.com with Reliance coupon code @ 18999 is the current best buy in the 20k price range. The LG O2X is currently 24k ~ 26k.

I showed that to her, but for some reason she doesn't seem to like the phone. Girls [-( Thanks anyway bro!

If waiting is possible wait for the Xperia Ray

Hey! Thanks! :) The phone seems great, but can't wait man. Btw, Xperia Neo caught my eyes. How's that phone? She really liked the model too..

^ Yeah, She would love the Ray's design...

@Op don't Get 2x for her, It is a big phone. I mean it is almost as big as phones with 4.3 inch screen even though it is 4 incher. Still The camera supposed to produce great stills.

Yeah, but as I said can't wait for the phone. Thanks anyway :)

Better go for Defy / Nexus S, if she's geeky, would do os updates, install custom ROMs etc.,

Long shot man :D I'll check the Desire S out. Thanks :)

Back