What's your budget?

18-20k (Cant Extend)
Camera type?
DSLR or MILC

Body Style
Doesnt Matter

How much zoom do you want/expect?
the Usual amount. not Looking for a superzoom
Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Kinda
What's the purpose?

Hobby/Home use...Taking photoes while traveling

What will you be shooting with this camera?

Indoors/low light/Portraits with bokehs,I love Them!!

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
Nope
Any brand preference? Like/dislike
Nope
From where will you be buying?

Any specific features you need?
Large aperture i guess
Anything else you would like to tell us?

Bokehs...I just want Bokehs :) & Colorful Cloud Formations

You're emphasizing more on bokeh. If that's what you want, you need to get a fast lens. Kit lens is not that good for bokeh. You can get some bokeh with the kit lens, but not as good as a fast lens.

Save some money for fast lens.

A sample photograph of what kinda bokeh you can get with kit lens.

85mm+kitlens.jpg

Are you sure want a DSLR?

You're emphasizing more on bokeh. If that's what you want, you need to get a fast lens. Kit lens is not that good for bokeh. You can get some bokeh with the kit lens, but not as good as a fast lens.

Save some money for fast lens.

A sample photograph of what kinda bokeh you can get with kit lens.

85mm+kitlens.jpg

Are you sure want a DSLR?

I guess a dslr is always better choice.its futureproof and can be experimented with[DOUBLEPOST=1409450835][/DOUBLEPOST]point is...can i get a decent one at my budget?[DOUBLEPOST=1409452064][/DOUBLEPOST]At Present...all i can look for is this - https://order2.ebay.in/_sparkrop/ReviewOrder?cartId=9901931510

Last edited:
The link is just taking me to login page of ebay.

Yes, you can get a good DSLR (given the budget). Up to my knowledge, the best and only DSLR in this budget is 1100D.

Interchangeable lens camera means you have an option to change the lens you want. It includes DSLR and Mirrorless aka EVIL aka MILC aka CSC...

There are few mirrorless cameras available in your budget, Nikon J1/V1, Olympus entry level model... But their sensor is smaller than 1100D which means with 1100D you can get better bokeh.

EOS-M - Sensor is as big as 1100D but you have very few lens choice. So it's better to stick with the ones which are matured in this segment (Olympus, Sony...)

Yes, there are tons of things one can say in favour of DSLR. If you find them in your favour too, fine and good. You can very well go for one. As already said, with kit lens you can't get bokeh as good as a fast lens. You can always add a fast lens in your arsenal. For now learn with the kit lens. When you have money, you can buy a fast lens.

That's an excellent deal.
R&D? :D Sorry I can't help it. ;)
You know a little about camera and you are informed. It's the only APS-C sensor camera in this budget. The more research would helped you to learn more about the choices, plus and minus of your choices. But most likely you would end up with 1100D, I think. Only you can say whether the research you have done is enough or not.

This comment made sure that I chose Right :)
Now, do those mirrorless ones have any advantage over 1100d?
I mean u only said that1100d has the Largest sensor
+
That's an excellent deal.
R&D? :D Sorry I can't help it. ;)
You know a little about camera and you are informed. It's the only APS-C sensor camera in this budget. The more research would helped you to learn more about the choices, plus and minus of your choices. But most likely you would end up with 1100D, I think. Only you can say whether the research you have done is enough or not.

Its true, But am I really informed?[DOUBLEPOST=1409501377][/DOUBLEPOST]and finally, sir, how much to save for a good fast lens?

Yes, mirrorless do have advantage over DSLR.
Better AF when filming
Better burst
Small size
Some do have in body stabilization...

Every camera do have plus and minus, even the professional ones.

Yes, in 20k 1100D is the only APS-C sensor camera.

You can get 50mm f/1.8 for around 6k. This is one of the best VFM (probably "the best") lens.

Back