Audio DT770 Pro Discomfort Issue!

ithehappy

Adept
I am probably the only one person who will say this, but I find this headphone very painful to wear. I don't have particularly large ears but they are bigger than average ( 7 cm from top to bottom, yes, I measured :p , the radius of the ear cup gap is 5.6 cm if I am not wrong) and there is no way my whole ear will fit completely inside the ear cups of the DT770, causing me a tremendous amount of pain after one hour without AC, couple of hours with.

So the thing is will I be crazy enough to sell it? And if I do then what should I buy? 10-12k is the budget, probably could be increased a bit for something really good. But comfort has to be the main goal (apart form sound quality obviously). I previously had the Sony 100AAP and M40X, the Sony was really comfortable, and don't remember the M40X much as I used it only for couple of hours.

Thanks in advance.

is that 32 ohm, 80 or 250 or 600 version? Can you please rate the sound quality of headphone? I am looking to buy these headphones but they are quit expensive.

32 ohms. Sound quality is good. This definitely needs a DAC to have the best possible output though, without DAC they sound pretty average.

If you are open to buy open-end headphones , nothing matches the comfort level of AD700, if you want a closed end you have the a900 for around 14k with exactly similar design. I used the ad700 for around 2 years , the highest i have stayed with a headphone till date :p

nothing matches the comfort level of AD700

I can vouch for this. AD700 are the most comfortable pair of headphones that I have ever used. I have used my set for over 5 years and would have continued for a while, but unfortunately, one of the speaker wires came loose and while trying to open and fix it by myself, I broke them. I am using a DT990 Pro right now and while I don't have too much problem using these, they are no where close to AD 700 in comfort level.

Back