Dtdc Courier Scam(Stones instead of ps5)

...they sent it through a surface courier?
Are you saying air mail is safer and less prone to theft?

I'm curious: are packages X-ray'd at each hub or something? How can they prove that someone didn't actually send stones in a PS5 box?

Are you saying air mail is safer and less prone to theft?
I would have thought shipping through air would have lesser interception points than surface but if this is happening in the first or last hub then you cannot do much anyways.
Plus airports do scan for certain items like batteries etc. so it may arouse suspicions if all they see are rocks.
They should have really insured some value for high priced items like these as this is not the first time we see such incidents and not covering it up, well, lesser said the better.

Last edited:
I would have thought shipping through air would have lesser interception points than surface but if this is happening in the first or last hub then you cannot do much anyways.
Plus airports do scan for certain items like batteries etc. so it may arouse suspicions if all they see are rocks.
I feel the box should have been hidden (packed in another thin box or even just a tape).

Once I was shipping costly speakers and the regular local courier guy told me to cover the box with something, just a brown paper to make it look 'unappealing'.

I feel the box should have been hidden (packed in another thin box or even just a tape).

Once I was shipping costly speakers and the regular local courier guy told me to cover the box with something, just a brown paper to make it look 'unappealing'.
Yes of course. It is a no brainer and @rsaeon already mentioned it above. Problem is if they somehow know its costly stuff and are running it as an elaborate scam, they can still swap it out and still make it look like original packing.

Last edited:
Back