Dual sim adapter.. using two sims on one phone

PrancerTran

Disciple
can i use a ghost sim (dual sim adapter) on my n91 without any future issues??

will it be compatible with the n91?
has anyone tried doing this without any issues?

or with any other phones....
anyone knows where to buy 1.. i am in Mumbai

I dunno about N91 specifically, but yeah, these used to work good with the older Nokia like 6600, 3310 etc. Go Heera Panna and find out. Should not cost more than 100-200 Rs.

thanks for the info....
but do you have any idea of them working with any other phones which are better than those older ones?

as in some thing in the league of the N91.. some other smartphone or something....

Best you go to heera panna and see what they say. U can test it there itself and they will do the fitting for you.

yeah i was thinking of that but then the problem is that it might function properly then but what about later.. so wanted to know if anyone has tried it....

Iam using one in my Nokia N73..It works brilliantly..

Now i change from Vodafone to Airtel and vice versa in just 15sec :)

I got it from simcardmagic.com

PhotostarSR said:
Iam using one in my Nokia N73..It works brilliantly..
Now i change from Vodafone to Airtel and vice versa in just 15sec :)
I got it from simcardmagic.com

so u face no problems whatsoever on your phone??
since when are you using it?
can you use all the functions on both your numbers?? (GPRS, SMS, Calling, *and whichever functions you can think about*)

and is it a good comparison to be done with an N91. (i dont know much about phones)
my main concern is that i dont want any problems to come up within my phone due to this.. that is i dont want any malfunctions and spoilage of my phone....

also, spoke to a couple of mobile vendors today

they said that these adapters dont work at all or get spoilt too fast and they are not sure if they are compatible with the N91..
i will be buying the 2nd connection only after testing the adapter.. pls suggest
because now i am really confused....

If well known dealers say that the dual sim wont work with a N91 then you cant do much. Just get a small phone for the second no.

But have u taken a round of HP yet? These chaps have all the keeda stuff. Or try Alfa if u are in the suburbs.

no no they arent some well known dealers man
these were just a couple of small shops at Citi mall (Fame andheri)
havent got the time to go to HP. Tried Alfa they dont have it....

and keeda stuff is fine....but i dont want this stuff to start doing keedas with my phone then :p

Iam using this dual sim holde from ~6months..and this is the model in which we have to cut the sim card..

when u put the 2 sims of ur choice in the holder and place the sim holder in the mobile, a new sim applications menu will appear through which u can change the operator.

I tried this in Nokia, Motorola and sony ericsson. It only worked in Nokia.

And sometimes(very very rarely) it shows the message "Sim card registration failed". For this u just have to change the phone to "Offline" and the back to "General/silent/whatever u want".

Overall it does its job pretty well.Also that operator switch time depends on your mobile operator also!

Intially i used Reliance GSM sim and it used to take ~45sec to switch from vodafone to reliance..but Airtel and Vodafone take only 15sec to switch.

And yeah u can use all the features like GPRS,SMS,MMS,etc.. from both the numbers :)

infact i use the Airtel SIM only for GPRS and Vodafone for other stuff :p

Regarding SIM cloning, it is not possible with the present generation SIM cards. I have done a good amt of research in it and found that the SIM which were made b4 1998(apprx and again depends on operator) can only be cloned.

And i suggest you to get the SIM Sim holder from other countries like China/Hongkong or u can buy from the site : Vavolo.com! Professional Cell Phone Accessories And Data Cables

Hope it helped :)

oops!!
i dont really plan to cut my card or anything
i prefer the other one in which both the sim cards are fine and one of them comes above the battery and stuff

any experience on this?

and that vavolo site is under maitainence ever since u mentioned it :)

ok i have checked everywhere here in mumbai and also at heera panna but noone seems to have it
one shop in heera panna had it but that person told me not to buy it because it doesnt work at all
so its officially not available anywhere in mumbai..
any other suggestions?
i need to have this dual sim adapter for my n91.. this is the only option that i have....

Back