Dualshock controllers or Xbox controllers?

adventureguy

Skilled
I wanted to buy a new controller for PC but I want to know if people preferred xbox controllers or dualshock.

I've been on dualshock 3 and now dualshock 4 and used to the button layout. And all of my friends are on PS system and not one on xbone

But majority of online crowd seem to prefer xbox controllers. What do you prefer? Any major issues switching from dualshock 4 to xbone controller?

You might have found an answer for your query by now but I will put in my thoughts in case you haven't

PS3 and PS4 controllers are very different from each other but 360 and XBone controllers don't really feel that different.

The DS4 is slightly larger and feels better but has a similar layout to it's predecessor but the triggers are different and so are the analog sticks. Between the 2 I would prefer the DS4 over the DS3 just for the triggers alone.

The 360 to an extent was the near perfect controller but let down by the d-pad which I feel is very good in the xbone counterpart. The triggers and the rumble motors within them are good but I don't care if the rumble within triggers was missing and I think don't work on Windows (or not for all games) but having played Forza Horizon 3 on xbone I can safely say it adds a dimension which you may-may not miss. I generally don't care about rumble in a game and prefer it off. The triggers on the XBone too feel better than the 360 and 360 triggers I feel are already better than DS4.

The placement of dpad and Left analog is inversed but whether you like it or not depends on one's preference and I am okay with either even though earlier I was very used to the Playstation lay out for Hack'n'Slash titles or Racing games but hardly took anytime to get used to the inversed layout. In fact I prefer the layout for racing games now.

The DPad is a single piece of plastic on the xbone controller and feels kinda clicky but still feels better than the 360 controller but I feel in this department the DS4 is better but it is not a deal breaker as it is good enough for 2D platformers and is okayish for a fighting game.

The only issue which I heard about in the Xbone controller is the LB and RB buttons which I think was fixed in the revised version.

So between the 2 controllers the XBone is preferred and you will need a few if not any minutes to adjust to the layout other than that there are no issues. If you plan to get one get a revised XBone controller.

I bought dragon ware ultimate controller but lost the bluetooth receiver. Called customer care and they said we don't provide accessories. I think okay, its my mistake so I'll just connect it to pc and play but lo and behold, shitty controller doesn't work without bluetooth even if its connected through usb. Pretty unfortunate since I actually liked the controller.

Xbone revised controller is pretty hard to buy in India and even If I could, its very costly

I bought dragon ware ultimate controller but lost the bluetooth receiver. Called customer care and they said we don't provide accessories. I think okay, its my mistake so I'll just connect it to pc and play but lo and behold, shitty controller doesn't work without bluetooth even if its connected through usb. Pretty unfortunate since I actually liked the controller.

Xbone revised controller is pretty hard to buy in India and even If I could, its very costly

Will a generic bluetooth dongle not work? I used a generic one with Mi Controller and it worked just fine. Your controller does work with mobiles right so I think it should be just fine.

I played guacamelee on hard with both box one controller and ps4 on PC. I hurt my thumbs with xbone controller. after that I switched to ps4 controller and it was many times more comfortable. hope that helps.

Will a generic bluetooth dongle not work? I used a generic one with Mi Controller and it worked just fine. Your controller does work with mobiles right so I think it should be just fine.
No, it works only with the receiver it comes with. My controller also works with mobiles but it needs the dongle connected through USB. Returned it to amazon no problem

Having been using both the xone and ds4, I would say the xone controller feels very strong and sturdy compared to the ds4..
I sometimes feel like the ds4 would break and fall apart while playing fifa on the ps4.. so I tend to handle it with extra care than the xone controller..
Used to have a x360 controller before this and I feel xone controller is better obviously..
so for me the order would be xone > x360 > ds4..
Again its personal choice for any individual when it comes to controllers

Back