Dungeon Siege III - Discussion Thread

Dungeon Siege III Discussion Thread

Dungeon Siege III

17049.jpg

Description:
The game will be returning to the Kingdom of Ehb and focus on the 10th Legion. The legionnaires protected Ehb during the War of Legions and at the end of the war, the commanders of the 10th Legion established a new and independent kingdom of Ehb. The Legion continued to provide stability and protection while the ruler-ship of the kingdom was left to the monarchy.

The Legion became powerful with its influence matching the monarchy. Thirty years ago, the Ehb's king was murdered and the blame was cast upon the Legion. Led by Jeyne Kassynder, the people rose up and the 10th Legion is on the verge of being wiped out.

With the fall of the Legion, the kingdom has broken into smaller states, with Jeyne Kassynder controlling the Church and eastern Ehb. The monarchs have retreated to the mountain of Glitterdelve.

Only a few groups of the Legion descendants managed to survive as most of them were hunted down and slain by Jeyne Kassynde - while others fell victim to the mobs. One of the groups that managed to survive is led by Venerable Odo - believed to be the last surviving legionnaire.

Odo initiated a gathering and asked all the Legion descendants to assemble in northern Ehb, in an attempt to rebuild the Legion and take back their kingdom from Jeyne Kassynder.

Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher: Square Enix
Engine: Onyx (proprietary)
Platforms: [PS3] [X360] [PC]
Release Date: 21 June [EU]
Genre : Action/Hack-n-slash, RPG.

Trailer:
[YOUTUBE]Q_yyg0WCnTw[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Dungeon Siege III Discussion Thread

^ The first two were strategy RPGs, but this one is hack-n-slash. They are worth playing if can play strategy games, they ratings are about 7.5.

I'm excited and scared at the same time about this game.When dungeon siege 2 was out,I was playing it like crazy,i went on a marathon for 22 hours,got really addicted.

I'm really undecided about it.

The animation mechanisms look a whole better though,but i don't think it can give dragon age,a run for the money.

First Impressions:

Character selection is good,you have 4 characters and u play the game thru their perspective.

Main Story is pretty generic,but lots of side quests.

Controls need getting used to.WASD for camera control,left click for Attack.Each character has 2 stances(Single hand/Double hand)

Graphics are a bit dated,getting constant 100+ FPS at MAX with my config.Feels weird after completing the Witcher 2 :)

Skill tree seems a bit confusing at first.

Nice looting.

touzeen said:
First Impressions:

Character selection is good,you have 4 characters and u play the game thru their perspective.

Main Story is pretty generic,but lots of side quests.

Controls need getting used to.WASD for camera control,left click for Attack.Each character has 2 stances(Single hand/Double hand)

Graphics are a bit dated,getting constant 100+ FPS at MAX with my config.Feels weird after completing the Witcher 2 :)

Skill tree seems a bit confusing at first.

Nice looting.

Is it based on hack-n-slash combat mechanism like Witcher 1 or Witcher 2 ?

If this is anything like the first two Dungeon Siege games then I believe its somewhat similar to Diablo. Not at all like Witcher or ME.

Yes its more like Diablo rather than W1,even though there is an over the shoulder camera angle

@BF 1983 No bro, it ain't ANYTHING like the first 2 DS games...

Somehow devs always find a way to screw up good games -tsk-

oh look! Diablo 3 !!!!

I know I am going to get a lot of flak for saying so, but I LOVED the game... good non-stop action, lots of fighting ... loads of loot (and hence, weapon choices) to pick up... and all the four characters play differently... and quite a decent amount of variety within each character too (although, it does take a lot of time for the higher level powers to kick in, and since usage is costly, most game is spent doing basic fighting with weapons)

So yes, pros and cons... but I dont get why this game gets so much flak! I mean, how really is it different from Diablo's Hack & Slash ... which every1 apparently loves so much...

Disclaimer...1) I enjoyed Dragon Age2 more than Dragon Age1 for same reason... more fast paced action as compared to the lengthy story driven model of Dragon Age1... guess I prefer Action to Story ...

2) I, however, also loved Mass Effect 2 ... but that could be because it has equally engaging story and action ... and ofcourse, the epic feeling of the end game is beyond comparison...

Had played the first one around 8 yrs back...then got hooked on RTS ~ C&C genre. methinks will have to try this one, but must first finish playing the earlier ones.

BTW, is this the same one which was from MS and GAS earlier? Just wanted to know.

Had played the first one around 8 yrs back...then got hooked on RTS ~ C&C genre. methinks will have to try this one, but must first finish playing the earlier ones.

BTW, is this the same one which was from MS and GAS earlier? Just wanted to know.

#vivek.krishnan dude MS and Gaspowered Games gave it to Square Enix, who proceeded to overhaul (read butcher) the gameplay.

I guess its likely the new mechanics system could'a been good, but well...

Dragon Age2 is usually berated for its too much action oriented approach and repeat locales... if I were to compare Dungeon Siege3 on those grounds, it has all new locales in each successive act... although the game is completely action based (which I do like) ... I cant compare DS3 to DS2 since I didnt pay DS2 much (actually, I did play DS2 as well, just dont remember enuff of it to make a worthwhile comparison), but it had enuff action as well... so I dont see how the gameplay was "butchered"...

Back