Dunkin' Donuts is a spammer and has lost my business

letmein

Skilled
The first and only time I visited Dunkin, the guy at the counter asked me for my number. Big mistake giving it to him. For the past several months, Dunkin keeps sending me 'promotional' SMSes without my explicit consent, aka spam.

The quantity has gotten worse over the last month or so. There was one SMS that had an option of unsubscribing, but it was a dummy keyword. So not only are these guys scum, they are unetical scum as well.

Registered a complaint with TRAI's DND system today (1909). Let's see how that goes.

There is a similar thread on IBF:

http://broadbandforum.co/threads/73915/

tl;dr - F*** Dunkin' Donuts. NEVER eating from there again.

IMG_20151218_091313.png IMG_20151218_091318.png

Similar case with me for the Fasoo's (it's a fast food joint here in bangalore. Not sure if they have presence in other places)
I had once ordered some rolls which were 'highly overpriced' and 'tastes mediocre' - and that was my mistake. I don't remember how old was my order, but it's definitely older than 1.5 years now. And till date I receive 2 sms's daily from them. Phew.

I had availed service of the cab companies Ola/TFS, may be once or twice in my life. Still I receive at least 2 sms's daily. :(

Same case with me, complained on their fb page for unsolicited sms. They removed it. Low and behold a week later it starts again.

^^ register a DND complaint. they are screwed as long as you haven't signed anywhere on their feedback/survey forms while placing order.

I tell them i have no mobile phone. Even though i was holding one in hand. I insisted him to put his own number there & enjoy offers.

They ask nos everywhere.. Brand factory, Big bazaar. Just to spam.

Last edited:
OT

F*CK... But I feel KFC is good enough. I mean, both are average when it comes to food. US and Kerala.

In kerala there was a horrible incident of finding worms inside fried chicken as well. But that can be traced to the locals who handle the franchise. But still I got here when i am home for their fiery wings. :D

I have installed the app "India Against Spam" and over sometime have complained against some of the spammers to DND (1909). Most of the time there is action taken against these guys. They not only have to shell some lakhs in some cases they end up being booted out by telecos from their network. Couple of times I even had people fervently calling me to say sorry and "take back the complaint".

One of the worst spammers was a payment company in Pune, they spammed me 5 messages in a day. I refused to take back the complaint and even had their CEO called me. Only time I had to relent when things were pushed to an extreme. The SMS project was being handled by a third party (call centre). The payment company threatened to dock the complaint fee from the third party's contract fee. Given each spam message costs lakhs, that was a huge amount. The manager at the contractor company went through my linkedin profile and found a college friend. This friend as a fresher had worked under the aforementioned manager. He then implored and begged my friend and then friend begged me to take back the complaint.

Moral of the story - you can f***k these guys if you have enough grounds and have not explicitly given them authorization for SMS. Go to DND registry and check your settings. If you actually do a complete block then you wont even get the banking SMS. But in most cases banks, restaurants etc have different categories. So you can change your settings to block them.

OT

I am new to donuts and all. tried just once that too in dunkin(i liked the taste) and seeing this thread looks like they suck. So anyone can recommend who makes donuts much better? (madoverdonuts i have heard of them, never tried)

Back