DVD Ripper

Nikhil

Skilled
Hi Guys

I want a free software which can rip DVDs to my HDD. And I want tht output file to be in MPEG(1 or 2) or AVI format.

Could you all recommend something for me???

Do this:
1. Get DVD Decrypter (Freeware)
http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
2. Get autoGk (Full pacakge) (Free)
http://www.autogk.me.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads
3. First use DVD Decrypter to rip the VOB file from your DVD and save them into a folder.
4. Now open up auto GK...and locate the directory where u've saved the .VOB files...and now u have the option to rip to whatever size...since u wanna rip to 1.37 GB (2 CDS) or 700mb ,tick that option....and then change the other settings if u wish..and hit RIP!!
Note the ripping speed depends on the PC speed and it's performance. Get autoGK only u have a faster computer.

Thanks...... I have DVD Decrytper..... It is a real god send. But then the problem is this ------- The VOB files are not in the correct order. For example ---- If I use DVD Decrypter, then there are 23 .VOB files formed( for each episode of Friends). Then, in the 1st .VOB file, the whole of the 1st episode and a little bit of the 2nd episode is their. Then, the 2nd .VOB file has a the remaining of the 2nd episode and a part of the third episode.

This is for all the 23 files. And for the 7th season which I have, I cannot even use DVD Decrypter. It says there are quite a few errors.

But otherwise, I use DVD Decrypter. But it is a pain to use.

Guys, Any other suggestions???

Ya DVD Decrypter & AutoGK are the best & Free also
Most of the ppl around the world use it
its a terrific combo.

Edit:
Sorry was a bit late posting

Nikhil said:
Thanks...... I have DVD Decrytper..... It is a real god send. But then the problem is this ------- The VOB files are not in the correct order. For example ---- If I use DVD Decrypter, then there are 23 .VOB files formed( for each episode of Friends). Then, in the 1st .VOB file, the whole of the 1st episode and a little bit of the 2nd episode is their. Then, the 2nd .VOB file has a the remaining of the 2nd episode and a part of the third episode.

This is for all the 23 files. And for the 7th season which I have, I cannot even use DVD Decrypter. It says there are quite a few errors.

But otherwise, I use DVD Decrypter. But it is a pain to use.

Guys, Any other suggestions???
Ok, in case u have a large amount of episodes:
1. First Identify using a software DVD player how many chapters are in each episode.
2. Select the large VTS.
3. Most single title DVDs use 5 or 6 chapters / episode. If you are ripping the first episode,
4. select only the first (X) number of chapters required for the episode. Keep track of where each episode ends.
5. Once selected, follow the same stream processing sequence as above.
6. Click the DVD -> HardDrive button when ready.
7. Repeat, deselecting the previous set of chapters, and selecting the next set for each individual episode.

Hope i have understood what u have tried to say... , u wanted to do files which have many short files , correcT?
Another software:
SmartRipper
1. Get ASPI layer software:
http://doom9.org/aspi.htm
2. In the left hand side menu, select movie method
3. Now see angles window and select the length of the required file (1.4gb or 700mb...) and u see the corresponding change in the file size.
4. Rip the DVD and u should be done.

Believe me, DVD Decrypter is the best in the business and it's gives great quality. Anyways try smaertripper as well...

Thanks a lot drgrudge....... I am now using AutoGK to convert some .VOB files to .avi. But then the output file is not in the form which I want, but that cannot be hlped as the .VOB files are not in the form I want. As I told you, the 1st .VOB file has the beginning of the 2nd episode and the 2nd file has a bit of the 3rd episdoe and so on.. I cannot change all that now as that particular DVD is scratched beyond repair........

Anyway, I am atleast able to reduce the size and retain most of the clarity.......

Thanks a ton.........

Nikhil posted 0.73 minutes later:

Sheesh!!! I cannot rep you again as I already repped you for your review of the 6260.........

Ok..... Just dug up this old thread....

When I rip one of my movies to my HDD and then use Auto GK to convert it to .avi, then the sound becomes stereo... even though the original DVD has Dolby 5.1 surround....

Any help here?? I have the LOTR DVD and I wanna store it on my comp but it is being stored in stereo sound and not in DD 5.1....

Ok....

I just played the .VOB files(which are the files when I rip the DVD using DVD Decrypter.... They are not in 5.1 format. They are in Stereo... so selecting AC3/DTS in Auto GK is of no use....

Any other software to rip the DVd to my HDD in Dolby digital/ DTs format??

@ soulweaver --- Will try it... thanks...

Nikhil said:
Ok....

I just played the .VOB files(which are the files when I rip the DVD using DVD Decrypter.... They are not in 5.1 format. They are in Stereo... so selecting AC3/DTS in Auto GK is of no use....

Any other software to rip the DVd to my HDD in Dolby digital/ DTs format??

@ soulweaver --- Will try it... thanks...
:rofl: If the source audio is stereo there is no way you can get 5.1 audio out of it. Period

But the DVD is DD.... DUH!!! I am not dumb....

The DVd is original Dolby Digital. Even when I play it on WMP, I see the DD smbol when it is playing...... I mean to say that when DVD Decrypter rips it to my HDD, it is doing so in Stereo and not in 5.1

Nikhil said:
But the DVD is DD.... DUH!!! I am not dumb....

The DVd is original Dolby Digital. Even when I play it on WMP, I see the DD smbol when it is playing...... I mean to say that when DVD Decrypter rips it to my HDD, it is doing so in Stereo and not in 5.1

duh :| ! Take a nice hard look at what you posted above....
Nikhil said:
They are not in 5.1 format. They are in Stereo... so selecting AC3/DTS in Auto GK is of no use....

Anyways i am presuming that you are using a original dvd and those 3-1 and pirate stuff. However most dvds have primary audio as 5.1 and secondary as stereo or others. Check whether you have selected 5.1 or AC3 audio while selecting the audio and subs.

Back