Storage Solutions DVD writer repair

achadha7

Disciple
I upgraded my PC and had to replace my trusty 2003 Sony DVD writer as well, this was just reading CD and doing nothing else, now i have an asus in the machine, Any place where i can get the sony repaired in delhi ? preferably south delhi i got it in 2003 written thousands of dvd's without any issues ever would hate to see it go

as per ur sentence "written thousands of dvd's without any issues" i guess its reached its EOL. getting it 'repaired' would mean more issues....1) the drive would go completely bust...it would stop working. 2) it will get repaired and then go bust again and completely get......

the same issue had happened to my dvd drive as well....i gave it for repair and when i got it back it was completely gonner.......

my advise , if u dont wish to part from it , keep it for reading dvd's - buy a new dvd writer for the write purpose....dvd writers are cheap and easily afforable these days.....

will save u much of a hassle...:)

i've already bought a 2nd asus and installed it, this one just reads cd's now no dvd's :) i was just hoping 2-300 rs spent on this and voila it'll make life easier while copying DVD's

Repairing wont bring it back to normal working state

As u have used it welll, the lens may have worn out and hence the problems....instead of changing lens and going thro the hassle, u can buy a new one

optical drives:

if its under warranty, get it repaired.

out of warranty/working ok/bought a new one - sell it

if it having problems after warranty period - donate it...no point repairing it

like i said earlier ------

i've already bought a 2nd asus DVD RW+/- Drive and installed it, this one just reads cd's now no dvd's i was just hoping 2-300 rs spent on this and voila it'll make life easier while copying DVD's

Back