PC Peripherals DVD writers

gmahendru

Disciple
Hi all,

I am sorry to paste this thread again if it is existing else where in forum... I tried checking earlier posts but hundreds threads open up.. :S :S

I am looking for a good DVD writer.. people suggested me sony DRU 510 A..

People want your expert comments on this... :)
g.

:) Sony has a newer model the dru 820a. See if you can get that. It supports the dvd ram format. That is the only diff from 810a.:) I am personally using the 810a which by itself is also very good.:) :cool2: :cool2: And remember always buy the boxed packs. Might be more expensive but u will have lesser probs.

:) :) prices keep changing daily so it is better checking your local stores. The 810 a when I bought a few months back was 2900. Now it will be(guess) around 2600 maybe. The 820a will be more expensive. Sony is a common model and will be available in most shops.Since you are from mumbai u will get in lamington rd. If you want to save money and have no need for dvd ram format get the 810a or else if u want the latest the 820a:)in bangalore i get from sp rd:)

DRU 810a is a Benq DW 1640 OEM.

DRU 820a is a Benq DW 1670 OEM - Last I heard, it was *not* a recommended model.

Good options :

- Benq DW 1650 (Picked it up in Chennai for 2.4K)

- LG H10A/N (Should be around the 2.4K mark too)

Eddy @ Which ones among the last ones r best? benq or lg.. cuz lg is locally available here. benq i need someones help :p good old saiyan :p.

BenQ 1650 all the way... picked one up a couple months ago - written about 50 DVD's for friends - all DVD's worked perfectly in different drives and dvd players, no complaints.

LG H10A slightly better than the Benq 1650, but both are excellent, only real choices now.

Appo.. high jitter levels on the H10A/N, may be an issue with vid playback.

:) :) I get tired telling people that everyone will have their personal favs and no one writer in general will be infinitely better or worse than the other. Buy the one which u like best. Too much of opinions will make u confused...:)

Back