PC Peripherals DVD writers

I personally got a DRU 810 A
Which is working gr8.... must have written over 700/900 cd/dvd
Working gr8 but I suggest you go get your self the latest DRU 820 A unless DRU 830A is in the market....

Crazy_Eddy said:
Benq DW 1650 (Picked it up in Chennai for 2.4K)

Finally, you buy a DVD Burner :D

As for the query, I side with TechHead - The LG H10A/N are very good. The Sony 820A (BenQ 1670 OEM) is not a recommended model anywhere.

just got a LG H10N Retail Pack on 14th July from my dealer for 2.1k & it is an awesome writer & reader.

highly recommended drive.

Hi folks,

Any idea from where I could pick up a benq 1650 or LG H10A in Mysore/Cochin? I have tried a few shops in Cochin but none of them have these brands. Its only either Sony or Samsung.
Last resort is Bangalore but I am too lazy to go all the way there just to buy a dvd writer :)

Thanks.

Guys whats the deal with OEM and box packed writers??

I know that OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, but i don't get the funda behind OEM DVD writers...

Are they recommmended?? What about the warranty etc??

Guys,

I checked out with a shop in Mysore. They have both the Benq 1640 and LG H10N available. Now, the question is which one is the reliable amongst the two? (Note: DVD RAM support is not a priority)

If u can find the Sony DRU 810a...get that its a Benq 1640 OEM....
Or you can get the Benq 1650...but between the 2 i'd choose the 810a flash it to the Benq firmware...

i am also loking to buy a new one. Currently have 'Magic I/O' 12x DVD burner bought from 'States which is now giving lots of probs.

LG H10N is getting good feedback.

Lite-On SHW-160P6S Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer

best one for the indian market keeping in mind the use of local blank media...

great performance

delhiboy1000 said:
Since all the 3-Benq/Sony/LG models r pretty much of the same quality- is there any difference in the warranty on them..?
Benq initially had the upper hand with a 2yr warranty. But the last time I picke up a Benq DW 1650 for a friend, I heard it had been scaled back to a 1yr warranty, so its an even field with all of em offering a 1 yr warranty.

xplicit said:
Guys whats the deal with OEM and box packed writers??
OEM usually has just the bare drive with a CD (and mounting screws as well sometimes). Retail box comes fully packed with all the frills like a fancy box:)P), all the manuals and other literature, spare IDE cable, etc.
Warranty between the two always tends to be the same.

Bought H10N for 2.1k yesterday. Seems pretty solid so far.

Also, what is the difference between H10N/A?? Because the H10A version was selling for Rs 2.4k....

^N has 12X -RAM write capability, while the A has only 5X -RAM write. Kinda moot anyway, as 12X -RAM discs are only available in Japan.

As posted earlier in this thread, its a BenQ 1670 OEM. The 1670 is *not* a recommended model at all. Get the BenQ 1650, LG H10A/N or the ASUS 1608P3S / P3. The ASUS is a Pioneer 111 OEM and is considered good.

Back