PC Peripherals DVI sockets gone bad

Initially when I had contact problems I thought my DVI-Analog converter had gone bad but turns it was the female DVI sockets on the 6600gt itself that were loose.

I had to arrange the connections delicately between the converter and the card or the display would refuse to come up.
After a month of running it this way (re-tightening regularly), they don't work at all anymore (both of them) leaving me on a suck onboard gf4mx.
One particular pin in the centre is the culprit to be exact in both cases.

On the rare occasions that it does work, it gets loose again within minutes crashing windows or any games in the process.
There are no artifacts in games when for the few minutes I can get it working, so I am sure it's just the DVI sockets that've gone bad.

Claiming the lifetime guarentee would become a lengthy process since noone is coming from the states before December, so any chance I can get these spoilt DVI sockets on the card repaired here?
Just the pins need to be fixed, the assembly and soldering is all perfect.

This sucks, bfg shouldn't stop providing the standard 15pin analog connecter in favour of dual dvi.
Never had such a stupid problem with any 3d card and they all used the 15pin connecter.

Are you sure its the on-board female DVI sockets thats gone bad ????

Chances of both of then getting damaged is very slim.

most probably one of the pins on ur dvi adaptor is the cause of it.

Anyways try to use this card on another system to confirm ur hypothesis.

It's definitely the card.
I tried 3 dvi-analog converters, all 3 can't have the same problem of not making contact properly.

Also all 3 have one pin in particular pushed back slightly after I connected them to the card (3rd pin from the square [;|;] type connecter in the middle row out of the 3 total).
The pins weren't pushed back before I connected them with the card, so I know which pin is problematic.

It's just my luck that both the dvi sockets on the card had to be below quality.
Must be a 1 in a million occurence, I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with dvi connecters.

Back