Graphic Cards DVI-VGA Converter - Please help

iyengar

Adept
Dear all,

Although i have this GTX295 card.. but being old 19" Viewsonic Monitor.. I am unable to get the Converter work.

Please post a pic or guide so that i can get one converter to make my card work..

Please help

eBRo

It is straight-forward. Plug the Male DVI end of the DVI-VGA connector to the video card and then plug the male end of the vga cable coming from the monitor to the female end of the converter.

If you are not getting the output, try a different VGA cable.

vpraveenis said:
try a different VGA cable.
.. Well i cannot remove the monitor cable

Converter DVI end is male and VGA is Female.. What matters is the pins 24+4

any pic's to help is easy to understand

eBRo

iyengar said:
.. Well i cannot remove the monitor cable

Well... that's a problem.

Your problem is not very clear. Can you explain in a bit more detail?

- Do you have a DVI-VGA converter?

- Assuming you have converter, do you face problem on how to connect your monitor?

- Assuming you have connected your monitor, do you see no display on the monitor?

thanks for the link mate.

bought one did not work.. went and bought anther one this time more like DVI socket is 24 + 4 pins but previously it was 24 + 0 pins .. I am just confused..

eBRo

iyengar said:
thanks for the link mate.

bought one did not work.. went and bought anther one this time more like DVI socket is 24 + 4 pins but previously it was 24 + 0 pins .. I am just confused..

eBRo
i didnt understand mate.can you be a little more discreet.

well My monitor cable is VGA, where as the G Card has the option of only DVI or HDMI output

Well to use the card i need to have DVI-VGA converter more like the pic what u saw in ebay, thanks to vantheman5211's link

But the problem was even though i bought whatz available in market generally didn't worked as system boots but no display with the converter i had

so was asking my fellow TE' ians if they use converters or somthing simila or alternative which can be used to

I hope someone could shed some light on this.

eBRo

imo if you have this adapter.try to input your vga cable to the female port of the adapter and use another dvi cable from adapter's dvi port to the gfx card.i kinda had the same problem you had but at that time it worked.if you have a dvi cable try the solution i gave you above or i am sure our senior members here would give you a more expert input.

The probability of the converter not working properly is pretty less. Check the following

Have you configured BIOS settings to use the graphics card for display?? If that setting is alright, the next suspect is the VGA cable attached to the monitor.

Back