dx10 card & multimedia kb

stormblast

Skilled
Shifted the x850xt to the office pc & decided to shift to dx10 platform. but dint go out spending bigtime for a dx10 card as pc gaming has sucked for around a year & there is usually nothing good to play (hopefully crysis & u3 can change that).so settled for the galaxy 8600gt 256mb. factory ocd to 600 / 800. very decent.

here are a couple of pics

i got nothing to installed to check benchmarks on the card. you can check the full review of the card here Galaxy 8600GT OC » Reviews - XSReviews.co.uk - Trusted Hardware Reviews

the damage for the card was Rs.7200/-
also the leadtek 8600gt was for Rs.6800 (default speeds), but it was out of stock.

Also got a new keyboard. Dell usb multimedia keyboard. really great keyboard & looks very solid. here are a couple of pics.

here is the link to the keyboard on the dell site. Medium & Large Business: USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard for Select Dell Latitude/ Dimension/ Inspiron/ OptiPlex/ Precision Systems

after looking at that link you would think what a waste of 40$ on a keyboard. but the icing on the cake is that i got the keyboard for Rs.550/- purchased locally. feels nice to get something cheaper in india compared to the usa once in a while. hehe

gaganjain said:
Congrats
stormblast did buy 22" lcd too ?

yes got the 22" lcd also for the office. viewsonic vx2235. damage was 18250. the lcd is great. in specs it says that the brightness is lesser than the dell. but the contrast & brightness both are more than the dell 22". i have both in the office next to each other. overall though both screens are great. & surprisingly the speakers on the viewsonic are decent for lcd standard.

gauravt said:
@stormblast:where did you get the keyboard from

Rivunited said:
nice buy mate!

but i would really appreciate it if u cud tell where u managed to grab one of those keyboards from :)

got the keyboard locally from my dealer here in mumbai.
Deepak said:
Nice buy dude :hap2:

Your boss is so lucky to have you, lol...

it is my own office, so no1 is lucky to have me except myself :)

hey stormblast i have heard that when installing windows xp system does not detects usb keyboard

But last time i install windows xp it detects my usb mouse

SoulFire said:

ya its got 2 usb ports too at the back of the kb.

gaganjain said:
hey stormblast i have heard that when installing windows xp system does not detects usb keyboard

last time when i installed xp it detected usb keyboard.

Deepak said:
ahh, good to hear :p

BTW, the keyboard :hap2: looks awesome man :bleh:, you planning on revealing your source or :hap5:

got it from my dealer at lamington. lemme know if your interested i can pm the details.

Originally Posted by gaganjain

XP detects both USB keyboards and Mice. You may have to change a few BIOS settings however

Dark Star said:
COngrats Stormy.. :) Can u tel me the price of that Keyboard :D

He's mentioned the price in his first post :p

stormblast said:
after looking at that link you would think what a waste of 40$ on a keyboard. but the icing on the cake is that i got the keyboard for Rs.550/- purchased locally. feels nice to get something cheaper in india compared to the usa once in a while. hehe

Back