PC Peripherals Dynet RAM.

KingKrool

Skilled
Unfortunately this is the only single sided DDR400 512 MB Ram available here. Is it alright? It is a hynix OEM, is all I can find out about it.

hey i bot those on saturday for a friend.. i dont remember if they were single sided or double sided.. :D
but timings are very loose.. 3-4-4-8 (by SPD default in BIOS)

Disgusting timings! I would need at least 3-3-3-8 to match the existing Transcend 512... aw man, looks like I need to look further afield. It stinks to have to go far out of the way to get RAM... will have to go all the way to near Apollyon's place now (have never actually been to his place), which is 12km away or so... sux.

KingKrool said:
Disgusting timings! I

i know.. but my dealer was outta stock of TwinMOS/Kingmax .. and my friend needed it badly .. i didnt have much time to tweak it even.. by default, it was set to 2T.. i changed that to 1T.. and sent the system :)

hope it works fine.. hehe

Ive bought 3 of these and they run well. Im able to do 2.5-3-3-6 on them at DDR400. Dont worry abt the timings. They seem to work pretty well and are very cheap too!!

Raghu.

So, since I have an existing Transcend ar 3-3-3-8, if I run these at the same timings, there will be no problem?

BTW, how is mercury ram (shudder).

WTF can't these lamers around here provide me with single sided DDR 400 from a good company?????

Even the place near appo's house has only mercury... reviews of their DDR2 seem alright, but still.... think I will call up and check the timings on Dynet offered here...

hey kingie, mercury/kobian ram is great, its hynix oem, brainpower pcb, 2yrs local warranty
suju has it 2200 for 512mb ddr400, 2.5-3-3-8

Hey i noticed that most of the RAM now use Brainpower PCB - even the cheapo hynix ones. Seems to be a normal "feature". I also saw some UMAX ram with 5 years warranty!! Was quite cheap too - around 2k for 512MB DDR400.

Mercury ram should be the same as the generic/OEM ones, not much of a difference with all of them using rebadged Hynix chips. I bought the Dynet for Rs1800 for a 512MB DDR400 stick. Better get the cheaper option.

Raghu.

Well, they offered it to me for 2.4, and when I searched on the net, it turned out to be double sided, so I bought the Dynet... I now face problems galore, but I don't think it is due to the ram.

Back