CPU/Mobo E-4300 in India ?

Till now not seen, perhaps Intel is applying diffeent Business Strategy for different regions. Perhaps they don't want to affect the sales of their Pentium D line of processors. Few few people in India know about the actual performance of Intel's Core 2 Duo, what I've found in people in Nehru Place, New Delhi that 70% of people prefer Intel's Celeron, Pentium 4 and Pentium D Processors. 25% of people prefer AMD's Sempron, Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2 Series of Processors and hardly 5% of people prefer to buy Intel's Core 2 Duo line of processors. These figures are my rough estimation and may not be accurate. Perhaps Intel is happy with with the selling of Pentium D.

arnov said:
Few few people in India know about the actual performance of Intel's Core 2 Duo

Yes Arnov.... people are still not warm to C2D yet....'coz the brand image of P4 & Celeron is so big they simply neglect others.. Also since C2D is expensive compared to other cpu's in the market they give it a miss...

Even if somebody tries a C2D in a shop.... they see no difference in performance 'coz most of these setup run on onboard 845 with no graphic card installed... also in other cpu intensive tasks like encoding... well people don't give a shit 'coz they never heard about it & don't test it....

So C2D is mostly catering to niche segment of performance enthusiast who know the real potential in it.... maybe E4300 can change this concept & then C2D line will see mass acceptance.....:cool2: :cool2:

it will see mass acceptance one the Core 2 duo prices reach below 6-7k range.... cos most ppl dont buy proccy's costlier than that

^ E6300 was last seen for 9.1k all inclusive ;)

I dont think the E4300 is hit India just yet (I maybe wrong though), but it definitely shouldn't be more than 7k.

This is India, the land of artifically created shortages!
I spoke to another vendor and he said that Intel had brought very few of these processors to India and were selling them at a premium. There are no fresh stocks of C2D's available so the distri's are having a field day selling at pumped up prices...its such a shame.

Patiently waiting for the E4300 .. definitely a much better buy , even over the E6400 considering the multiplier 9 .. and pricing should be just under 8k's as the US price diff is only of ~20 USD ... damm i hope i find one before the 10th feb.

^ Yaa that's actually unexpected when E63, E66, etc are selling at US prices.

I guess you guys need to find better dealers :p

yeah i guess the prices wud come down in 2-3 weeks time...yesterday i too got a quote of 9k for e4300 and 9.5k for e6300...too bad...i'm gonna get 1 of those in 3 weeks time...hope the prices come down by then...

I think there has been a slight increase in the prices of Conroe's .. donno why , but i'm quoted 500 bucks more than what i was quoted a few weeks back ..

Anyway , nice to know that the E4300 has arrived at Mumbai .. i'm definitely getting that one ..

Also , the prices are pretty damm ok , considering the multi :p .. here i come .. aah , now how do i wait so long .. :p ..

i dunno what u guys are talking about low prices of e4300 in usa. its retailing at 180$ on newegg. & if u go & buy in a store in usa i am sure its gonna cost 10 - 30$ more. considering that 8900rs price is decent.

also the c2d prices have gone up in usa & in india both since 2 weeks.

why c2d prices are getting high?????

also when is the release date for quad core proc.....so we can think a big price in e6600.....

magnet said:
why c2d prices are getting high?????

Well , this question only reseller's can answer

also when is the release date for quad core proc.....so we can think a big price in e6600.....

I think quad core is already released .. but to be honest , it not worth getting it unless u do some really serious jod with CAD applications ..

aah thks also found frm another thread...... next price fall in l8 april.......so i guess we will see alot of e6600 up for sale in market section........

hope till than ddr2 prices too settle a bit..and so do good mobos

Yeah ... u can instead wait for the E4400 .. coz with the multiplier of 10x , it'll surely OC more than the E6600 with the same FSB ... and as far as the benchmarks are depicting , there's hardly the L2 cache advantage right now , and the overall performance diff. with the OC if almost negligible if u consider the price diff.

Hey guys,

Just saw one piece of E4300 box pack at my dealer's place in Pune. Cost was 8700/- all incl.

He didn't have E6300 so he offered me this. Still I'm not sure. Do you guys think this is a good buy for the money?

Back