E book Reader - need buying advice

I am deciding to buy an e book device which I am not sure about.

Basically I want it for reading Wikipedia articles but I am afraid that will it show the pictures (graphics) or just text

also I need wifi connectivity and do thay have speaker for hearing pronunciations

my budget is around 5000 rs

I have searched on the net but I m confused from where can I get one in Delhi.

please suggest me one can I get one with touchscreen.

But the 6' kindle has no touch screen and accessing internet is not easy since there is no kb and touci according to customer reviews.get a kindle keyboard

If you want to read Wikipedia articles then go for a tablet, e readers like kindle are meant for ebooks only.

thank u for ur responses every one

but more things i was wondering about that

1. after connecting to wifi what can we do in the device (can we just look for ebooks or is their any possibility to open websites like ehow and Wikihow and yes the emailing)
2. are their basic tools like calculator , dictionary and can I read material(newspaper and books) in regional languages of India.
3. one big major issue is that should I go for touchscreen or the non-touch ones are worth (but how do I type in those with no keyboard and touchscreen)

basically, what I want that I dont wanna spend on any ebooks or periodicals (except the wifi subscription)

I want free content (but I am afraid that will it be there)

respond soon please

thank u for ur responses every one

but more things i was wondering about that

1. after connecting to wifi what can we do in the device (can we just look for ebooks or is their any possibility to open websites like ehow and Wikihow and yes the emailing)
2. are their basic tools like calculator , dictionary and can I read material(newspaper and books) in regional languages of India.
3. one big major issue is that should I go for touchscreen or the non-touch ones are worth (but how do I type in those with no keyboard and touchscreen)

basically, what I want that I dont wanna spend on any ebooks or periodicals (except the wifi subscription)

I want free content (but I am afraid that will it be there)

respond soon please
1. You can visit any website and check wikipedia and emails - if you are able to manage the typing. Overall browsing is a little painful and not tablet like
2. Dictionary is built in and very well integrated. Dont know about calculator or regional languages.
3. Buy touchscreen if you want to browse internet as the biggest pain that I have in my old model is navigating the cursor to the required link. For plain book reading, it wouldnt matter

Free content can be downloaded from various sites using computer and then transferred to kindle

Back