E50 vs 6300

ananth

Disciple
which is better of the two Nokia models:E50 or 6300?
please do not suggest a 3rd option,but tell me which is better of the two in terms of display,camera,sound quality of music through headphones and other features.

Display and camera are both much better on 6300. Also i think it looks much better and has great build quality. . E50 is a simple symbian smartphone. .so if you are not going to use office apps or install symbian apps then better go for 6300 . Both have capable music players. . 6300 has better loudspeaker.

For all the things u have listed as your requirement, the 6300 fits the bill perfectly...it has a better display at 16m color and has no problems with font size..cam is again 2 mp as compared to 1.3 in E50...even though its better than E50's cam, its not a very good one (infact worse than 6233 in pic quality)...

Sound again is very good thru the headphones as well as the speaker..E50's sound is a bit less in comparison especially thru the loudspeakers..it has FM while E50 doesnt(if tht matters to u)..

The only thing going for E50 is tht its symbian and you can have third party apps for it...but then again, all tht depends on ur needs...if u want a phone for good sound, cam quality and display, its the 6300 all the way...

If u want a cheap smartphone, its the E50...neways, it doesnt seem tht smart enuf..;)

Also appearance wise, the 6300 wins hands down....its metal casing is top class...although i find it a bit girly(but thts just me..:p no offense) I think the 6300 is what u shud go for...:)

agree with ryan... although there is some problem with the font size as its a bit small..
btw you should know that although the camera is of 2mp on 6300 it records video in QCIF format which is quite useless...

Although you have said not to list a 3rd option... but you should seriously look at the 6233 also :)

^^Yeah man, agree with ice...if u make up ur mind to get the 6300, then u can get all those features in 6233 too..except for a 16m color display..which doesnt make too much of a difference as the 262k screen of 6233 is also very good..the difference isnt all too visible to human eyes..
PLus the loudspeakers of 6233 are way better than the 6300 and tht too for lesser price.. also the 6233 is a 3g phone..the 6300 isnt..(lol..if tht means anything to u..)
The 6233 is better in overall cam quality as it lets u record vdo in 640x480 res while with 6300, u are stuck a qcif resolution...
If u still gave any doubts, u can check my review of the 6233 in our reviews n previews section...it may help answer some of ur questions..:)

Bought a new 6300 today!

Had madeup my mind for 6233 but could not resist the 6300 after the first look. Feels expensive and made up of high quality materials. Low features compared to 6233.

Back