E61i....any competitors?? is the price too high??

ajo_alex

Disciple
Hi, i am planning to buy an E61i but its priced at 18.5k.
1)is it highly priced?
2)will its price come down?
3)is there any other competitors with the same features(all i want is excellent internet connectivity)?

if you can do away with QWERTY keyboard, then E65 is another good option.

Basically both phones have similar features.

well i want a qwerty coz i need to do typing mostly bloggin.

P990i is SE rite? well wat abt the s/w that can be put on 990i? also which is better of the two(61i n 990i)?

Well, both run symbian OS. The E61i uses s60 v3, while P990i has UIQ. You get software for both. Check allaboutsymbian.com

I have a p990i, but i wud say tht thr r more free softwares available for the s60 than uiq3...so if 3rd party softwares is ur need, u better go with E61i...

p990i has a touchscreen..and is more feature rich but since u want a phone for mobile blogging, the e61i may be a better choice as the buttons are more spaced out and comfortable..the qwerty keypad of p990i is a bit cramped for fast typing...u can take a look at both the phones and decide for urself..imo, u may not go wrong with any of the 2...its just a matter of personal choice..both are good. :)

Hi,
I have been using the E61 for sometime now and use it extensively for browsing, checking official mails and working on my demat account. Have not loaded it with too many software but have a huge bundle of applications that run on S60 phones.
Typing is very comfortable and wifi is an added bonus especially since it is much faster than gprs.
However the cons are that ppl might not consider it very showcase worthy since it doesn't have a touchscreen.
I also use it for carrying around presentations sometimes and its fun to be able to walk into a conference room with just the mobile phone and then make the presentation. :)

A huge minus though is that it is not portable. You cannot just slip it into your pocket. It makes an ugle bulge and I had to hunt around a lot for a case till my spouse stumbled upon a Capdase case while shopping.

Back