E61i or HTC Touch or Samsung i600

Hi All,

Need opinions, totally confused, need to buy a new cell phone some recomendations, budget of 20K, falling towards the E61i but want a WM6,

Do in you comments

Thanks

Private Ryan said:
I'd say, get the HTC touch..its wm6 and has all tht u r looking for..tht is, if u r okay with airtel network..:p
You get unlocked ones also that you can use on all networks.. mines unlocked..

@Private Ryan

Could u plz tell me how HTC touch is better than E61i? i am thinkin of buyin the E61i thats y.
pls tell me y WM>Symbian, also tell me if there are applications which can be installed in HTC just like the symbian ones.

dude the htc has a cool feature in which u can drag the screen along and moreover its got windows mobile 6 and if u dont want airtel then u can buy a normal one.

My brother recently brought a HTC and its simply amazing :D.. was inspired by rahul review :p Awesome Pocket PC is HTC :D specially when you move ur finger in the main 3d Cubed menu :)

Get e61i better than touch.

full qwerty keyboard, faster processor,cheaper than touch,and browser of s603rd is really awesome better than WM IMO, better vid. camera, better still camera even though both are 2mp and its nokia far better after sales service .

ajo_alex said:
@Private Ryan

Could u plz tell me how HTC touch is better than E61i? i am thinkin of buyin the E61i thats y.

pls tell me y WM>Symbian, also tell me if there are applications which can be installed in HTC just like the symbian ones.

Well, there are too many features to list here, but i'll point out the best thing tht i like about the HTC Touch is the new interface, TouchFlo...its a delight to use by just swiping ur fingers across the screen to operate its features..it makes the touch screen functionality more useful than evr b4..:D You can say,it works somewhat like the iphone touchscreen..:p

For more info, u check it here ...

And yeah, WM >> symbian bcos of the level of flexibility it offers with inbuilt softwares, its functions which u'll feel at home using, since u may already be using windows in ur PC....plus not to forget, total synchronization with ur PC without any issues...support for all windows media files, MS office documents out of the box!! What more do you want?? :p

As for ur 3rd query, yes, ofcourse, u can install official/3rd party apps on ur WM device....not to forget, u'll find more free stuff for the windows platform than symbian on the net....symbian cannot match windows mobile when it comes to 3rd party apps!!

But ofcourse, the touch is not without its shortcomings as well...it tends to get slow sometimes...but then the E61i is no schumacher either...:p So finally, its on u to decide, which platform u r more comfortable with...;)

For me, the WM os, the touch screen functionality are reasons enuf to go for the touch...n ohh, did i forget to add, its looks way better than the E61i..:p

(but yeah, looks are entirely subjective..so thts just me..:p )

wats the cost of HTC touch? also does it come with airtel connection? coz i also have an airtel connection. can we use another sim in it or use the one that comes with it?

tommy_vercetti said:
Hi,

Everything is so tempting but still, can somebody tell me is it slow, the Touch I mean

It tends to get slow sometimes when it has not been rebooted for long,usually due to memory leaks caused by background operations of opened/closed applications, which unfortunately plagues all mobile os....and if u have used symbian nokia phones, then u'll feel at home with the speed...:p cos symbians phones from nokia like n73 are slower..:p

However, tht shud not be a problem as there are a lot of 3rd party apps available for memory optimization of WM devices..

ajo_alex said:
wats the cost of HTC touch? also does it come with airtel connection? coz i also have an airtel connection. can we use another sim in it or use the one that comes with it?
I've been told here tht unlocked version of the touch is available...the airtel bundled touch is available for 19k...so the unlocked version shud be more or less in the same price range..;)

ajo_alex said:
@Private Ryan

Could u tell me wat all comes bundled with E61i and the HTC touch?

Cant say about E61i, but the touch comes with handsfree, 1 gb memcard(Afaik), charger, data cable and wm6, drivers cd.

Just overclock the touch, I went from 201 to 286 Mhz and it's awesome now.. plus install 1 updated hacked ROM that gives you +25 MB storage and 4 MB more ram.. love this phone

Back