E63 phonebook problem after a failed google sync.

gauz88

Disciple
I have been reading about Google sync on TE and how it helps to backup contacts. So i set it up on my fathers E63 last night. for some odd reason there were quite a few phone book entries that got duplicated. So i deleted all the entries from the google account and synchronized the contacts again.The sync showed up as successful but to my horror, all phonebook entries got wiped out from the phone and the google contact group was empty as well.

I had an old backup which i managed to restore but lost about 300 odd contacts which were added post the backup was taken.
Now after having restored the backup, all the contacts show up fine in the phonebook list but whenever i try to call any contact. It says the phone number does not exist.I tried deleting and restoring the contacts one more time but it didnt help.
So now everytime i need to call someone up , i need to find the phonebook entry.. memorize the no. and manually dial it. Dad's not too happy about this as he is not really tech savvy.

Can someone please help as to what has gone wrong and possible solution to this problem?

First restore with old backup...

Take another fresh backup....Then delete the contacts and then restore with the newer backup...

Else you can syc with outlook and then restore through outlook only,,,,,,,,

The backup i had was a csv file. i imported the csv file to outlook and did a sync with outlook.the contacts show up properly along with the phone numbers, only problem being whenever i try dialing a contact directly from the phonebook it says the number does not exist.

i also tried the taking a backup and restoring that backup file again. that didnt work out either.

gauz88 said:
The backup i had was a csv file. i imported the csv file to outlook and did a sync with outlook.the contacts show up properly along with the phone numbers, only problem being whenever i try dialing a contact directly from the phonebook it says the number does not exist.

i also tried the taking a backup and restoring that backup file again. that didnt work out either.
restore on some different phone (S60 or S40) and take backup from that phn ,and then restore on ur phn..

Maybe that may help

I couldnt source another S60 or S40 phone so decided on a hard reset and then reinstating the backup. Now some contacts work fine and some don't.

Back