EA Ditching Plans for PC Version of Dead Space 2

I thought there wasn't going to be a PC version of this. I was pissed that they were not going to make it for PC.

Now I don't know how I feel. :rolleyes:

"regarding the omission, and was told by EA public relations that: "As of right now, a PC sku is not in the plan."

it dosent say anything about not releasing it for the pc.

Who the crap cares about Dead Space 2 not coming to PC , there are 10 times better games out there for PC coming this year and just released.

Mass Effect 2 , Stalker - Call of Pripyat , Splinter Cell Conviction , Assassin's Creed 2 , Crysis 2 ,Napoleon: Total War , Bioshock 2 , Mafia 2 , GTA4 Lost& Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony DLC's etc...

These are a to name a few , even though I do have consoles like PS3 and PSP I am always a PC gamer first , If I were you I would be least bothered about Dead Space 2 not coming to PC unless you're a hardcore Dead Space fan.

Play Stalker trilogy once , you'll forget Dead Space. ;)

joy1 said:
Who the crap cares about Dead Space 2 not coming to PC , there are 10 times better games out there for PC coming this year and just released.
I do.:)

joy1 said:
Yes.With million bugs that the developers don't even think of fixing in their 10th patch to the game.:p And how can I forget the suggestion on the official forum to 'defrag' my HDD to solve the issue of the game crashing to the desktop.

err..... the only thing they blame is piracy ... but many started 2 buy original in india.....

they will make us wait for 4 more months after the console release ......

joy1 said:

Mass Effect 2 , Stalker - Call of Pripyat , Splinter Cell Conviction , Assassin's Creed 2 , Crysis 2 ,Napoleon: Total War , Bioshock 2 , Mafia 2 , GTA4 Lost& Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony DLC's etc...

These are a to name a few , even though I do have consoles like PS3 and PSP I am always a PC gamer first , If I were you I would be least bothered about Dead Space 2 not coming to PC unless you're a hardcore Dead Space fan.

I loved DS for sure. Gave the jeepers creepers to me. Excellent game. Just hope if they create a port, its not lousy. And the controls are mapped in nice.
:)

The problem is much deeper specifically with regard to India. Some companies have managed to fix one aspect of the issue - namely pricing - but if games are going to be released in India (I refer to the PC versions specifically) 3 months (or never at all) after their international release then whats the point? Pirates aren't going to wait that long (probably release games much earlier) and nor are die hard gamers.

Take BFBC2 for example.

When you open EA Video Games - Electronic Arts, the first thing you are asked is to choose your country. I select India which then redirects you to EA India | Action, Racing, Strategy, Online, Sports, Sims, Mobile and Family Video Games.. Great so far.

I then head over to the "Shop" section as I am interested in info regarding pricing and availability of BFBC2. There is none. The EA store

Electronic Arts Asia Online Store - Welcome

apparently doesnt have an option to pre-order games - only released games are listed (as far as I could see).

I then head over to the news section

DICE Raises The Bar For Online Warfare With Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Console Demo and PC Demo - Experience This Year?s Best Online Multiplayer Game before it Hits Stores on March 2

where it says-

"Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 4, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC."

No mention of Asia, let alone India. So where does that leave me? With the only option of pre-ordering via Steam and paying $50. Or waiting without any clue whatsoever when the game will be "officially" launched with Indian pricing.

Its all very well to blame everything on "piracy". I have been waiting 5 months now for TFU-Sith Edition to be released in India. Still waiting. Game distributors need to understand that some of their policies actually contribute to piracy.

Then again, India is prolly an insignificant source of revenue so can you really blame them? Its the classic chicken and egg situation.

If anyone has any info on the pricing/availability of BFBC2 please let me know....

The problem is much deeper specifically with regard to India. Some companies have managed to fix one aspect of the issue - namely pricing - but if games are going to be released in India (I refer to the PC versions specifically) 3 months (or never at all) after their international release then whats the point? Pirates aren't going to wait that long (probably release games much earlier) and nor are die hard gamers.

Take BFBC2 for example.

When you open EA Video Games - Electronic Arts, the first thing you are asked is to choose your country. I select India which then redirects you to EA India | Action, Racing, Strategy, Online, Sports, Sims, Mobile and Family Video Games. Great so far.

I then head over to the "Shop" section as I am interested in info regarding pricing and availability of BFBC2. There is none. The EA store

Electronic Arts Asia Online Store - Welcome

apparently doesnt have an option to pre-order games - only released games are listed (as far as I could see).

I then head over to the news section

DICE Raises The Bar For Online Warfare With Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Console Demo and PC Demo - Experience This Year?s Best Online Multiplayer Game before it Hits Stores on March 2

where it says-

"Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 4, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC."

No mention of Asia, let alone India. So where does that leave me? With the only option of pre-ordering via Steam and paying $50. Or waiting without any clue whatsoever when the game will be "officially" launched with Indian pricing.

Its all very well to blame everything on "piracy". I have been waiting 5 months now for TFU:Sith Edition to be released in India. Still waiting. Game distributors need to understand that some of their policies actually contribute to piracy.

Then again, India is prolly an insignificant source of revenue so can you really blame them? Its the classic chicken and egg situation.

If anyone has any info on the pricing/availability of BFBC2 please let me know....

just buy it on steam ricky. you've already played the beta 5 times longer than i have, and i've managed at least 20 hours. so you're sitting on a 100 hours just from the free beta. is there any way you think that the steam purchase will not justify it's price to you? :p

plus, as a bonus, on day one we'll get together in a squad and infiltrate the enemy base like ninjas to steal their apache :D

^^ yeah so buy it from steam for more price than you are going to get it for when it comes to India, and pay for downloading 8gigs of data...That sounds so economical....

and many of the games joy1 mentioned have already released for consoles long way back (read AC2)...so it seems PC gaming is dying...all pc gamers will be left with is cheap ports and strategy games.

Back