Earphones discussions...

Found thread by saiyan in market abt Creative EP 360. Any reviews/comparisons etc btw these earphones like Creative EP 360, HPM 70, etc..
How are they compared to normal earphones(other than in-ear phones...), if any???

the EP 360 is a sennheiser oem so its pretty good compared to other creative offerings

bluediamond said:
Found thread by saiyan in market abt Creative EP 360. Any reviews/comparisons etc btw these earphones like Creative EP 360, HPM 70, etc..

How are they compared to normal earphones(other than in-ear phones...), if any???

bottle said:
the EP 360 is a sennheiser oem so its pretty good compared to other creative offerings

Creative EP-630 re

bluediamond said:

i have reviewed the ep-630 in the review section... in brief , it has more bass than treble so if you like bass and can settle for the in ear aspect, go for it. a good option will be try it out first from some TE member to see if iem's are for you or not.

i still prefer my sennheiser mx 51 earphones , it has a much better overall sound but its an expensive solution here ( they sell for 2k here ) ... so depending on your budget , you take the decision...
general earphones in the market dont come close to the ep-630 but there are expensive ones which sound better. whats your budget like ?

i just got hold of my EP 630's yesterday, and here are my impressions :)

first time i listened to them, they sounded horrible... the treble was loud and honky, and bass, there wasnt any :(

then i found out that the earplugs were too small and switched to the bigger ones,and bass started to get going.

I let them play all night to break them in, and now they sound quite fine the bass especially is ASTOUNDING. In fact , i dont even use my philips HP 805 now.

but there are minus points...I guess all in ear phones have the same prob.

when I'm wearing them, i cant hear anything at all.. when people come to ask me stuff, they have to physically tap me ! also after the things are properly inserted in the ear, pulling them out is a pain. The last gripe is that i cant sing along with whatever I'm listening to :ashamed: because you can hear your own voice through your head , and it sounds kinda weird.

but for outdoor use, especially while travelling in buses , its great. in addition, no ordinary earphones can put out this much bass( I've tried.. i pushed my EQ for max bass, and this thing still takes it !)

but compared to my panasonic earphones ( which i got with my Discman) which sound pretty good, i'd say it has at least 75% extra bass and the treble sounds the same , but with much more detail :)

^^ ya same here.. :p

and i m not having budget.. still want to know, wats so special in tat craetive ep630 tat al are running behind it.. :|

compared to the W series headsets, they play louder, more bass , and with more clarity :)

i tried the earbuds that came with a w550 on my transcend and they distorted with very high bass.

no such probs with these sennheisers ... i can keep pushing them to their limits n they still sound the same !

EP-630 is definitely better than Fontopia...

Tight Bass...Crisp and clear....noise cancelling... This has been a very cherished purchase for me...I never knew earphones sound this good.

I can't find Sony Fontopias from anywhere in Delhi (which sucks), so sorry for stealing your thread BD but I'm also looking for earphones with high performance.

I listen to Philips SHP805 cans at home so I'm pretty spoiled, my budget would be at a max of Rs.2500.

vij said:
EP-630 is definitely better than Fontopia...
Tight Bass...Crisp and clear....noise cancelling... This has been a very cherished purchase for me...I never knew earphones sound this good.
Bass is no criteria to judge the EP-630's over the Fontopia's. The NC is fantastic on the Sony's which were a bit too sharp and lean for my liking.

I would suggest the MX 500/550 if you want more depth and warmth over the mid and frequencies.

I agree with greenhorn.My first impression was "is this worth 950?" then after like 2 days of use,the overall performance (especially bass) improoved noticably and now i say they are worth evry rupee u pay.

ok .. which one to go for between EP-630 AND EP-635 .. performance wise any difference in them apart from cord length ..

planning to use these with k750i and n73 me ..

and .. EP-630 is black in colour while EP-635 is white ..

Anish said:
Bass is no criteria to judge the EP-630's over the Fontopia's. The NC is fantastic on the Sony's which were a bit too sharp and lean for my liking.

I would suggest the MX 500/550 if you want more depth and warmth over the mid and frequencies.

What's the difference between MX 500 and 550?

At eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products,

MX 500 - Rs.1499

MX 550 - Rs.1399

EP 650 - Rs.1249

SONY MDR NC11A earphones - Rs.4299 with shipping :)S )

SONY MDR-EX71SLWK - Rs.1999 with shipping

Also any other models available in stores in Delhi-Gurgaon-Noida area??

And if there are any better models in the 1000-3000 price range, let me know. I can get them from international ebay as well (upto 50$).

With or without shipping.

I just need a final opinion before I go ahead and make an order.

Back