Audio Earphones for Nokia C5

Zinc

Adept
My sister got a Nokia C5.
She wanted to know whether it'll make a difference in the SQ if she bought a good quality earphones.

Is it advisable to buy new ones for C5 and will they make a noticeable difference in the SQ as compared with the ones provided with phone?

If yes, then please suggest the same within Rs1500/-

Thanks!

You mean the C5-03 ?. I am going to get one for my wife in a couple of months. Is it good ?. I have to be careful and research before buying nokia phones as the recently launched ones freeze a lot and suck in performance and ASS...

anfjavid said:
You mean the C5-03 ?. I am going to get one for my wife in a couple of months. Is it good ?. I have to be careful and research before buying nokia phones as the recently launched ones freeze a lot and suck in performance and ASS...

No, I mean this: Nokia C5 - Full phone specifications

She didn't want a touch screen and that too in that range as these sub 10k touch screens aren't very reliable as I have seen with some of my friends.

Moreover C5-03 is, I think, resistive touch screen.

Also, in that price range she only wanted a Nokia.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone on the earphones?

You should have posted this in the Audio Zone to get more responses. You can get plenty of decent IEMs for that budget of yours. And yes investing on a decent IEMs will definitely improve the listening experience than the stock ones.

It will be easier if you can specify your audio requirements but still you can consider the following:

1. JVC Marshmallow ~ 550. Bang for buck.

2. Soundmagic PL-30 ~900. Good details, nice mids, low on bass but does pack a punch.

3. MEE M9

You can also check if Amarbir is still having the sale on RE 2 or PL 50.

Wait for the audio gurus to suggest though. :)

DarkAngel said:
Thanks for replying!

Will consider that.

Dhrubo said:
You should have posted this in the Audio Zone to get more responses. You can get plenty of decent IEMs for that budget of yours. And yes investing on a decent IEMs will definitely improve the listening experience than the stock ones.

It will be easier if you can specify your audio requirements but still you can consider the following:

1. JVC Marshmallow ~ 550. Bang for buck.

2. Soundmagic PL-30 ~900. Good details, nice mids, low on bass but does pack a punch.

3. MEE M9

You can also check if Amarbir is still having the sale on RE 2 or PL 50.

Wait for the audio gurus to suggest though. :)
Thanks for replying!

I'll check out PL-30 and RE2.

@Kestrel5915

Hi I am using SoundMagic MP-21 with my nokia 5233 and I am very much happy with the SQ. MP-21 is same as PL-21 with the addition of microphone in MP-21 that's it. As I needed it for mobile that is why bought MP-21.

Dude check this one.

Sony MDR EX35

MDR-EX35LP : EX Monitor Headphones : Headphones : Sony India

I have these for an year and they are very good. The bass is very deep! Sounds very good overall. Priced Rs990.

anfjavid said:
I've used C5-03 a bit. It is a good phone. Much faster than older 5233/5800 phones maybe because of the 600Mhz processor. It is overall a good phone but resistive screen is a deal breaker.
It will work well for a few months, but then the resistive film becomes uneven and you'll need to apply variable amount of pressure at different places to get the touch registered. :(
Better opt for Lg Optimus one as it is a kickass phone with capacitive screen and Android!!

Thanks shubham, RS4, and abhi! :clap:

The MP-21 with mike seems to be a good idea :)

But NE7 at 1.5k is also very tempting :p

Sony ones are also decently priced :S

So basically I'm confused now :huh:

But since my sis is no audiophile and just wants some SQ improvement, so I'll choose from the suggestions! :hap2:

Thanks guys!

MP 21 if you're on absolute budget.

Meelec M6( costs 1.2K) if u dont get NE-7M.

if you get NE-7M for that price, congrats then :)

Don't bother about the sony.

Is your sister really that big of an audiophile? Most people are pretty happy with the Nokia handsfree which is included in the package with the phone. I dunno which exact one comes with the C5, but if its the WH-701, its pretty good and has a remote too for picking up calls and changing music tracks/FM stations

Even if she isn't, she would start enjoying the better ( musical atleast :) ) part of life. hah.

Anyone who's heard good earphones would then hate the nokia bundled ones.

well, the op has various choices

Meelec M6, MP 21, Marshmellows,Pl 11, pl 30.

boogeyman said:
Is your sister really that big of an audiophile? Most people are pretty happy with the Nokia handsfree which is included in the package with the phone. I dunno which exact one comes with the C5, but if its the WH-701, its pretty good and has a remote too for picking up calls and changing music tracks/FM stations

Well she ain't an audiophile as I said earlier too but likes music enough to be unhappy with the bundled ones (IDK which ones are those).

So, basically looking for a SQ boost.

Those NE7 were not new and I wasn't looking for used ones so told her to buy MP21.
I didn't go for higher tier ones as its a Nokia C5 after all.

Thanks everyone!

boogeyman said:
I dunno which exact one comes with the C5, but if its the WH-701, its pretty good and has a remote too for picking up calls and changing music tracks/FM stations

It was WH 102 that came with the pack.

Buddy, you made a good choice as NE-7m is not compatible with Nokia phones (only with iphone and HTC IIRC), personal experience. Before you buy the MP21, check that too. And if its for music only then get the NE6, superb at its price point but you won't get the mic though.

Back