EBAY INDIA FAKE AWB for TV i bought

I think this is just another cheap trick to relieve customers when the product could not be shipped within the specific date.

Similar thing happened when i had ordered from Infibeam.com

During my experience with Infibeam, they simply told me that it has been shipped and it ll be displayed in the tracking section of the a/c @ Infibeam.

Duly enough, the AWB no and the date of shipping was updated, but when an attempt to track was made on the courier's website.. it yielded no results. Even after 10 PM.
When enquired again the next day, a diff rep answered and told me about how the 'incorrect' AWB was uploaded to the site and hence check today. Surely enough this time the tracking was active on courier's site.. but not after 6 days it was that the consignment left their warehouse as against the 2-3 days which they so proudly advertise.

This is a cheap trick by reputed sellers.
Specially for large and costly items.

What I presume is that as they keep tieups with big couriers, the courier companies keep a AWB receipt book at dealer`s place, then a dealer if cant ship the product the quickly as advertised he will generate a AWB no.to prevent auto refund process initiation.

Then when he can arrange the product he will ship with the same AWB no.

Happened to me in recent past with dealer "Ananda Telecom" for my galaxy S3. I left a neutral rating.

^^ +1,

I can still work with it; considering the item delivered is correct and it still delivered by the due date. What I do not accept though is; if some using this to confuse and delivering wrong product as in OP case.

This is a cheap trick by reputed sellers.
Specially for large and costly items.

What I presume is that as they keep tieups with big couriers, the courier companies keep a AWB receipt book at dealer`s place, then a dealer if cant ship the product the quickly as advertised he will generate a AWB no.to prevent auto refund process initiation.

Then when he can arrange the product he will ship with the same AWB no.

Happened to me in recent past with dealer "Ananda Telecom" for my galaxy S3. I left a neutral rating.

I saw this too. AWB number being shared within 2/3 days and only after few days the shipping details are shown in the courier tracking sites.
Even for cheaper items (<300 bucks), I have seen this.

courier companies keep a AWB receipt book at dealer`s place

Yep. My friends have the the whole book from the courier company. But this is usually done to save time. But yes this is also used by some as a cheap trick to indirectly extend the time period.

The same thing has just happened with me.

I live in Delhi and the seller is from Delhi too.

I bought a USB 3G modem (143 sold till date) and called the seller if he can ship today coz I've to travel this weekend and need the modem. Firstly he wasn't polite. He replied: "the modem is not in stock and new stock is expected today. I might ship it today."

The same evening I got a mail that seller has shipped the item (thru bluedart). I was happy that I'll be getting it the next day. checked the consignment no. and it showed NOT FOUND. I thought that details must not have been updated. checked next morning, not found. waited the whole day, no sign of delivery, checked again, not found.
and now is today morning, where still the consignment shows not found.

The seller has entered fake details just to buy some extra time (and get remittance from ebay) and as soon as 10 I'm gonna call up and bang him.

have you been able to track DTDC couriers ? , they have changed their website link + it says you need to login to track your items :O

got cheated by reputed ebay seller

The ebay india seller SOLAR DIGITAL CAM gave a fake AWB number, i bought TV via paisa pay, help me what to do.

I heard there is 7days from shipping date that i cant file dispute.

same thing has happened with me. I bought [h=1]SAMSUNG 40" UA40ES5600R SMART LED TV[/h]from same seller form 47k. He promised to ship on 8th August, gave fake blue dart tracking number.
I immediately contacted him saying that number is wrong but seller asked me wait.

I waited till 15th August, then filled for paisa pay on 16th Aug. Ebay promised to refund in 3 days but now almost 9 days are over and I am still to get my refund,

I check negative feedback of couple of buyers and they faced the same problem.

I hope ebay act soon as I already bought another TV locally and now I have pay my credit card bill.

LOL! I have ordered my Sony LED from the same dealer. Trust me, it's been a shipping nightmare. I placed my order on 14th August and got the AWB on 18th August. The number wouldn't bring up any detail on Bluedart's website. I then called up the person in charge, Harsh, who told me that the TV had been sent out and it wasn't a fake AWB. After 1-2 calls to him and with same response, I decided to directly call his dispatch guy and he promptly gathered up the details and informed me that the courier was stuck in insurance inspection, which finally cleared this Thursday and got dispatched. The AWB was correct, but didn't get updated due to this and it's now shows up correctly to be delivered by this Monday. Now I hope it arrives on Monday, else I'll file for a re-imbursement.

guys I purchased a headphone and on receiving it found out that it is not working, what should I do. The seller is asking to send it back and will replace if what I say is true.

After delivery date, buyer gets 5 days to accept, else money is transferred to seller.
Similarly, if non-delivery claim is raised, seller gets 5 days to respond, else money is transferred to buyer.

If claim is made, eBay takes 2 days to evaluate the proof.

If delivery proof is missing, then eBay contacts seller and requests solution. A conference call is arranged if necessary between eBay rep, seller and buyer. If buyer agrees for extension, then claim is dropped, else refunded immediately.
If delivery proof is present, Seller is pretty much sure of getting the payment, but it might take a while for claim to be settled since eBay will try to contact buyer and find the issue.

So, as a seller it is very important to use a tracked courier service and
as a buyer it is important to accept package (sign) only if it is received in good condition

One exception, Power Sellers get the money just after they provide shipping details.

Not all the power sellers have this facility called "express remittance". Only established PS with very good track record are given express remittance. In my personal opinion full time sellers will never ever try to cheat the buyers as they earn their livelihood thru eBay. Its only casual sellers who sometimes indulge in fraudulent activities. Pardon me if I offend any one the least. but there are many smart buyers who manipulate lots of things - not basically to cheat but to get a heck out of it that they "could do it". eBay policies - like negative feedback, paisa pay payments all are there to protect buyers interest.
I personally do not buy anything from the listings which are marked private by the seller. Coz when you check his feedback you cannot make out which feedback is for what item and at what rate the buyer purchased it. It listing is not private then you can easily contact the buyer thru eBay messaging system and request him to give you his honest opinion. 99% buyers do reply me and then I confidently go for buying. Only a crook seller will make his listings private. Otherwise too from eBay ID you can't make out who bought what. I feel that we buyers should avoid all such sellers who make listings private to hide what was sold and at what rate.

I have had similar experiences with AWB nos, but ended up ok end the end.

And even flipkart gives out tracking nos before shipping the items.

But doesn't Flipkart rely on its own shipping service? Or do they use the other services as well?

They use their own logistics only in the metros and other big towns, sometimes they use bluedart or DHL to deliver to smaller towns where they don't have their own logistic network.

Wow, this seems to be quite a common trick. I ordered a cell phone case from a seller with good feedback. On the 7th day he sent a mail saying that there was a death in the family and he wasn't able to ship the product. He sent a fake Bluedart AWB in the mail. Yeah right! Got my refund a few days later.

ebay suspended my account , just cuz i gave negative feedback to power seller, n the seller unethically wants me clear -ve feedback by (feedback) follow which i turned down.

Back