eBay purchase query

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I want to buy few stuff on ebay US where the stuff is literally at throwaway rates compared to India availability.

Is it better to pay myself by linking my Indian Credit card on PayPal or should I ask the person in US to do the honor for me. What will be the pricing difference, if any. (He is my sisters friend on whose US address I will be ordering the stuff but he got no idea/nor comfortable for PayPal etc. so I cannot really press him for that. So its either my PayPal or directly via his credit card on ebay) Unsure how does direct payments works on ebay unlike PayPal.

Also, I have decade old PayPal a/c which was suspended earlier for unknown reason as I never ever used it. I logged in today and it let me in without any objections.
How to ensure that during payment on eBay there wont arise nay PayPal related issue?

Does eBay sellers provide tracking info. etc ?

First time self-ordering from ebay US hence the queries.

Last edited:
I want to buy few stuff on ebay US where the stuff is literally at throwaway rates compared to India availability.

Is it better to pay myself by linking my Indian Credit card on PayPal or should I the person in US to do the honor for me. What will be the pricing difference, if any. (He is my sisters friend on whose address I will be ordering the stuff but he got no idea/nor comfortable for PayPal etc. so I cannot really press him for that. So its either my PayPal or directly via his credit card on ebay) Unsure how does direct payments works on ebay unlike PayPal.

Also, I have decade old PayPal a/c which was suspended earlier for unknown reason as I never ever used it. I logged in today and it let me in without any objections.
How to ensure that during payment on eBay there wont arise nay PayPal related issue?

Does eBay sellers provide tracking info. etc ?

First time self-ordering from ebay US hence the queries.
Just use vpn and pay through your credit card....you will still save some money compared to Paypal and if you have Niyo Global card you can save money on markup fees too.
Paypal is King of thieves .....yes they are safe but they charge an arm and leg and kidney too if the transaction is big.

yes ebay does provide tracking details.
just make sure the seller has good feedbacks.

Last edited:
Just use vpn and pay through your credit card....you will still save some money compared to Paypal and if you have Niyo Global card you can save money on markup fees too.
Paypal is King of thieves .....yes they are safe but they charge an arm and leg and kidney too if the transaction is big.

yes ebay does provide tracking details.
just make sure the seller has good feedbacks.
What has vpn to do with saving money?

What has vpn to do with saving money?
Where did I say VPN will save you money?

Thing is if you try to pay directly with your Indian cc . Ebay might reject payment ..happen to me few times.
So I use VPN to pay through cc.

Saving part comes when compared with directly paying with cc instead of PayPal.
And that is where VPN comes incase your payment does not go through.

Make purchases from eBay every month. For a time there was an issue with using Indian cards until last year as eBay was transitioning to a new payment system which was voluntary for the sellers and the old system stopped working for Indian cards some time in 2020. In those cases, PayPal worked if there was no (RBI mandated) second-factor authentication invoked.

However, I have been using my 0% markup card directly for the past year without any issues. Deduction is immediate and there is no second-factor (OTP) authentication enforced anymore. It also means that anyone with access to the eBay account can place orders with the saved cards as not even CVV is required for the order to go through.

Make purchases from eBay every month. For a time there was an issue with using Indian cards until last year as eBay was transitioning to a new payment system which was voluntary for the sellers and the old system stopped working for Indian cards some time in 2020. In those cases, PayPal worked if there was no (RBI mandated) second-factor authentication invoked.

However, I have been using my 0% markup card directly for the past year without any issues. Deduction is immediate and there is no second-factor (OTP) authentication enforced anymore. It also means that anyone with access to the eBay account can place orders with the saved cards as not even CVV is required for the order to go through.
Okay.
Last year I use to have problem ordering directly with my Indian cc.

do you use the niyo global cards ? i have seen these ads during ipl,the card seems too good to be true.

Most indian CC and debit cards from HDFC, kotak, icici, axis work with paypal. No need to use any VPN.
--
Edit: I just paid using Google pay on ebay.com :p No not the UPI one. It uses the card that you are using in google play store.

ebay didn't take long after its breakup with long time partner paypal.

Last edited:
Most indian CC and debit cards from HDFC, kotak, icici, axis work with paypal. No need to use any VPN.
--
Edit: I just paid using Google pay on ebay.com :p No not the UPI one. It uses the card that you are using in google play store.

ebay didn't take long after its breakup with long time partner paypal.
You wouldn't really want to use Paypal because the exchange rates are higher than the 3.5% charged by most cards. You will have to change the setting to ensure Paypal uses the card issuer's exchange rate but then it is simply better to use the card directly.

Back