Ebay refunds

I had got a couple of 50 pack of dvd r from mediahome.in via ebay using the coupons .

now, mediahome says ebay is not paying him as his account is suspended and all the paisapay money will be refunded. i got the refund mail from ebay saying that a "Provisional Refund" was processed on 15th Feburary, but but never the actual refund into my credit card till date.

Now, the most interesting thing is, when i talked to ebay about the refund, they said that as my item was marked received, i will not be eligible for the refund. they explained the mail was basically a "Provisional Refund" mail.
And mediahome doesn't seem to have got the money either.

Is this not a very clear case of fraud from ebay's side ? Will consumer courts take such kinda of cases ?

did not one of the dealers take the trouble to file a case against ebay regarding refunding the payments for items delivered during the coupon period ? Or do they have some terms n conditions where they are allowed to refund that money also ?

bitsandpieces said:
I had got a couple of 50 pack of dvd r from mediahome.in via ebay using the coupons .

now, mediahome says ebay is not paying him as his account is suspended and all the paisapay money will be refunded. i got the refund mail from ebay saying that a "Provisional Refund" was processed on 15th Feburary, but but never the actual refund into my credit card till date.

Now, the most interesting thing is, when i talked to ebay about the refund, they said that as my item was marked received, i will not be eligible for the refund. they explained the mail was basically a "Provisional Refund" mail.

Is this not a very clear case of fraud from ebay's side ? Will consumer courts take such kinda of cases ?

did not one of the dealers take the trouble to file a case against ebay regarding refunding the payments for items delivered during the coupon period ? Or do they have some terms n conditions where they are allowed to refund that money also ?

Well ,

In My Case There is a Person And He Has Bidded on One Product And Purchased And Never Paid And i think i am charged by ebay for that item .Secondly There was a customer he ordered a 640aaks and paid .Then Ebay Gave Me a Message That I Should Not Ship To Him ,I Am Charged For That Too ,I Have No idea What To Do I Hate Ebay .

bitsandpieces said:

When my seller account was suspended from ebay, ALL the buyers got refund, including those who marked the product as received. You will get the refund on your CC in next billing cycle. If not, you can always shoot a mail to ebay. It's better that mediahome himself does so. Even in my case, there was one buyer whose CC was not refunded, but after my mail, they refunded the amount.

ani_meher said:
When my seller account was suspended from ebay, ALL the buyers got refund, including those who marked the product as received. You will get the refund on your CC in next billing cycle. If not, you can always shoot a mail to ebay. It's better that mediahome himself does so. Even in my case, there was one buyer whose CC was not refunded, but after my mail, they refunded the amount.

Mate ,

why Do They Suspend Accounts of Seller ,What Did Mediahome And You Do,Also When The suspend Do They Block All Your Money Too .

ani_meher said:

read the first post, ebay themselves said that they will not be refunding the money as i had marked the item received.

i guess only way out is that mediahome mails them about the refund not being processed for my account.

Well ,
In My Case There is a Person And He Has Bidded on One Product And Purchased And Never Paid And i think i am charged by ebay for that item .Secondly There was a customer he ordered a 640aaks and paid .Then Ebay Gave Me a Message That I Should Not Ship To Him ,I Am Charged For That Too ,I Have No idea What To Do I Hate Ebay .

in a case you have someone who bids but doesnt pay,ebay has a something called "unpaid item strike". you have to go to the help center and apply the strike to the user who didnt pay. the buyer will be a sent a notice to pay up and if he doesnt, then ebay willl not charge you the fees.

second incident no idea what could be possible explaination.

Ebay can't just keep the money to themselves forever. Nag them. They have to give money either to the buyer or seller. It is better if the seller mails them.

In my case as well as few others, I noticed that if the IP of the buyer and seller match, then ebay blacklists you. In my office, only one PC has internet access. So I put my trades through that PC, and one of my coworker bought from the same PC. That was the reason.

ani_meher said:
Ebay can't just keep the money to themselves forever. Nag them. They have to give money either to the buyer or seller. It is better if the seller mails them.

In my case as well as few others, I noticed that if the IP of the buyer and seller match, then ebay blacklists you. In my office, only one PC has internet access. So I put my trades through that PC, and one of my coworker bought from the same PC. That was the reason.

yepp. i am gonna ask the seller to get hold of ebay.

I'd purchased few items from Mediahome. I got the items which I marked as "item received".... These were not through the dreaded flat off coupon but through min purchase coupons... Now my a/c was suspended in the latest fiasco along with Mediahome's.... But I still got the money refunded by eBay....

The same was credited back to Mediahome by me along with balance amount.... So I believe they should refund the money in next billing at least...

eBay cannot keep the money & have to either refund it to Buyer or credit it to seller after deducting necessary fees....

racy1 said:
I'd purchased few items from Mediahome. I got the items which I marked as "item received".... These were not through the dreaded flat off coupon but through min purchase coupons... Now my a/c was suspended in the latest fiasco along with Mediahome's.... But I still got the money refunded by eBay....

The same was credited back to Mediahome by me along with balance amount.... So I believe they should refund the money in next billing at least...

eBay cannot keep the money & have to either refund it to Buyer or credit it to seller after deducting necessary fees....

yeah, i hope that they refund it in the next cycle. but i really doubt it as it has been almost 20 days since i got the refund message, and i havent got the refund till date.

so, i am not sure what am i supposed to do.

bitsandpieces said:
yeah, i hope that they refund it in the next cycle. but i really doubt it as it has been almost 20 days since i got the refund message, and i havent got the refund till date.

so, i am not sure what am i supposed to do.

Only thing you can do is wait it out & let mediahome to follow it up on their end.... I sincerely hope they get the payment directly by eBay or at least you get credited back which you can pay to mediahome...

well guys i my case,
i got 4 verbatim pen drives from mediahome at ebay. listed at 524 each
i got them for 224 each with 300off coupon.
i not only marked it as received but also gave him positive feedback

mediahome contacted me regarding refund and i promised him to refund only if i get the refund from ebay

and yes as soon as i got the refund from ebay of 896 (224*4)
i transferred 900 rs in mediahome's account as promised by me
i hope he has got the money
still waiting for confirmation from his side

well the mediahome/ebay fiasco was a lesson well learnt for all sellers n buyers too

he was bombarded with over 300 orders in a single day which was bound to raise some doubts in the minds of ebay managers
considering dat he had only 300 rating points AFAIK for over 6 mnths till dat day and another 300 in a single day.

well dats my own judgement
no offence to anyone!!!
i paid him back
dats it

he is a nice seller no doubt and looking forward to more deals from him in the future as well

bitsandpieces said:

dont worry ebay will pay u back chk ur next month cc statement
i got the refund
when u get the refund pay mediahome ASAP

Back