Audio Edifier Speakers worth it compared to the Z5500 , MX5021's?

hash

Adept
Hello,

So my creative speaker is dying on me, only the subwoofer is working :death: .I've decided to buy a new speaker and looking at the few options available. The Logitech Z5500 and the MX5021 both these have been tried and tested for thier excellence at that price point.....But , I was browsing through and came to pass by the Edifier brand. Particularly the Edifier DA5000 Pro at 9 -10 k.

That's all good but how good are they ? Googling Edifier brings almost very few reviews which makes me doubt about the brand :gap: . And

The MX5021 - 7000 , Logitech Z5500 - 15000(Some say its overpriced) , Edifier DA5000Pro - 10000. So any views , please ? My budget is 10 k but is the Edifier is I should go for? And is it available in India at not so overpriced rate? Warranty ?

Please pour in your views..10k at stake T_T

edifier comes with 6months warranty.if you optical out in you motherboard then go for z5500.da5000pro is analogue so you need a good sound card.da5000 speaker is amazing

Don't think you can still find the MX retailing at the outlets. They have been replaced by the Expressionist Ultra 6021.

Edifier comes with onsite warranty.....dunno what purpose it will serve except saving your efforts on logistics ...in cases where ur speakers screw up.

So the 7 -10 k range of Speaker are so ****ed up. I just can't find anything! X540 also gone. can't find any.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone knows who sells Edifiers in India?

If ur main priority is to listen music only then Altec Lansing MX-5021 is the way to go. I am the owner of Altec Lansing Mx-5021 and right now using my frnd's Z5500-D and can say clearly my Altec Lansing MX-5021 beats Z-5500D in music. I have not listened to Edifier one but then also I can say it's not gonna better than the Altec Lansing MX-5021 in sound quality :). For music purpose Altec Lansing MX-5021 is the way to go :), if u have a budget of 10k then AE2 is worth buying. :). Also I have the old MX-5021's so I cannot say about the sound quality of new MX-5021's :).

But MX 5021 arnt available and I'm kinda keen on a 5.1 cause it benefits MOVIES and games as well. But anyway I found a way to purchased EDIFIER's from Edifier but can these speakers connected to PC's ? Some one was saying something about analog or digital thing. I don't have Sound card just the Realtek HD ALC 1200 onboard thing.

if your sound card(onboard) is having 5.1 channel then you can connect edifier to it.but you have to buy a good sound card for more soundquality

Here's where I found a few reviews of the Edifier range. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Review

Also, AL MX5021 is to be found nowhere. Buying secondhand is the only option.

Yes, Lynx guy Amarbir does sell Edifier, but his prices are high. The Edifier dealer in Bombay (Sahiba Infotech) is willing to ship anywhere as manu says. The dealer also offered me a 10% discount off the MRP.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, for Pune people, the local Edifier dealer address is -

Narendra Bhandari (9225517290)

Bhandari Sales

C36, 1st Floor, KK Market

Bibwevadi- Dhankavadi Road

Pune - 411043

Don't know about the prices yet, but will be going to him next week to check it out.

Oh that's gotta be a sweet deal. I'm gonna contact him during festive season hoping for a discount which I need otherwise no use buying a speaker that only give me 6 months warranty which really irritates me. Maybe the reason why no one ever want to buy Edifiers.

both are good speakers.both of them have their pro and cons
z5500=digital inputs and decoding.subwoofer is ported more bass,speakers made of plastic
s550=analogue inputs,passive radiator used in subwoofer(more quality in bass),sealed wooden speakers(superb quality)
sound quality=s550
sound quantity=z5500

manu george said:
both are good speakers.both of them have their pro and cons

z5500=digital inputs and decoding.subwoofer is ported more bass,speakers made of plastic

s550=analogue inputs,passive radiator used in subwoofer(more quality in bass),sealed wooden speakers(superb quality)

sound quality=s550

sound quantity=z5500

^^^ +1, Z5500-D srsly lacks in quality sound

edifier s550 is built with true effort and engineering.we can only see passive radiator in high end subwoofers like polk audio,definitive technology and other big brands.also the satelite speakers are sealed.we cant get a 5.1 with sealed speakers even at 30k.

lol dude the topic shud have been "is z5500 worth it to be compared with Edifiers" :p thats all i wanna say :) for 10k budget u have chosen the best set - dA5000.

Back