WTB Eink based Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to buy a eink based reader for my sister who wants to try it out. Preferences: Kindle Touch, Kobo Touch. Budget for these models will be within 5k depending on age/condition.

If somebody wants to sell of Kindle PaperWhite/Kobo Glo/Nook Glowlight, can consider that also but only if that is something I can check the reader physically in Bangalore.

Get this through ishop for 4k before it is too late.

Also AFAIK croma is the only shop where you can experience a kindle.
Nook Simple Touch does seem to be a good enough deal.

Croma yes, but they dont have Kindle PaperWhite on display. I already have the Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch

Nook Simple Touch does seem to be a good enough deal.

Croma yes, but they dont have Kindle PaperWhite on display. I already have the Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch
They have only Basic Kindle ( 5th gen) on display

Out of all the touch readers, NST is best value for money. Moreover as it has android it is almost like an eink tablet.
Do check out the Nook xda forum for more info

Well, yepp, but the refurbished nook is working out to about 5000.

And Barnes & Nobles support I was so sure. So ditched that and went for the Kindle PaperWhite directly from amazon.

Amazon has been good enough to replace my Kindle Touch when it stopped working last year. Talked to the customer care and seems they are ok with replacing the kindle paperwhite in case the screen lightining is not even.

Bit expensive, but it has been a completely paisa vasool investment for me.

They have only Basic Kindle ( 5th gen) on display

Out of all the touch readers, NST is best value for money. Moreover as it has android it is almost like an eink tablet.
Do check out the Nook xda forum for more info

Well, yepp, but the refurbished nook is working out to about 5000.

And Barnes & Nobles support I was so sure. So ditched that and went for the Kindle PaperWhite directly from amazon.

Amazon has been good enough to replace my Kindle Touch when it stopped working last year. Talked to the customer care and seems they are ok with replacing the kindle paperwhite in case the screen lightining is not even.

Bit expensive, but it has been a completely paisa vasool investment for me.
IDK but for me it came out to 4k

Congratulations on the purchase ! :)
Yeah there is no support for any reader except Kindles. And paperwhite has better specs and support too, but expensive :shifty:

IDK but for me it came out to 4k

Congratulations on the purchase ! :)
Yeah there is no support for any reader except Kindles. And paperwhite has better specs and support too, but expensive :shifty:
Oh, I dont know, I asked ishop and they gave me a quote of 5135. The customs seems outrageous at around 1735 and international shipping of 770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back