Electric Height Adjustable Desk buying guide

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I was thinking of getting a Electric Height Adjustable Desk.
mostly 1500mm x 750mm.
the real question is what's the best price and should I only get the stand and then get a hardwood table top for it.

Table will be used to host, 3 to 4 monitors with high strength monitor arm (my current table top is bend :p ), also will have mic and camera clip stand to the same table.

New-Black-HAT-1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

1) JIN OFFICE Electric Height Adjustable Desk around ₹30k on amazon
2) ErgoYou Dual Motor | Height-Adjustable Standing Desk (2 Stage) with Table-Top | EX Series around ₹39k on their website.

This are the 2 I have been able to find. anyone using this? also if it says 125Kg weight, does that also count the force applied by the clamp and then mount added to it.

I was looking for a standing desk a while back and almost bought a desk from Ikea. Lot of complaints about wobbling was the showstopper.

I'm not sure if its just a limitation of standing desks design or issue with that particular model but, if you are planning to keep atleast four monitors please confirm that there will be no wobble for your usecase.

I was looking for a standing desk a while back and almost bought a desk from Ikea. Lot of complaints about wobbling was the showstopper.

I'm not sure if its just a limitation of standing desks design or issue with that particular model but, if you are planning to keep atleast four monitors please confirm that there will be no wobble for your usecase.
yes that's an issue I think because of the table top. I was planning of getting hard wood for the same. then no shake :p

Feels like wobbling won't be a issue for this one but this looks like a paper launch.

I mean why will some one get the other models at 5K less, if this one offers dual motors and 150KG load capacity.

Anyone using a good Electric Height Adjustable Desk please chip in with your suggestions.

Feels like wobbling won't be a issue for this one but this looks like a paper launch.

I mean why will some one get the other models at 5K less, if this one offers dual motors and 150KG load capacity.

Anyone using a good Electric Height Adjustable Desk please chip in with your suggestions.
small for my requirement!

My company desk is one of these.. Height adjustable and some more keys whose functions idk nor those keys work. Cannot ascertain the brand as its corporate bulk contract thing.

1690982367529.png

Am planning to get one too. Wanted to know the following.

Are the motors repairable once outside the warranty?

Once a height is set does it lock mechanically? Is there some protection if the motor fails?

Are the motors repairable once outside the warranty?

Once a height is set does it lock mechanically? Is there some protection if the motor fails?
Yes.
Yes, if the motor fails it will stay locked to the adjusted height.
Not a downfall but you cannot lower the height way too low say for your kids to study etc. as beyond a certain level the desk/motor will make some khat-khat sound and stop lowering further. Thus, it shouldn't be forced beyond limits else motor failure might occur..

PS: Got my hands-on and did Rnd on my office table so can confirm on this but again unsure if all such tables perform the same.

Last edited:
I got a call from Green Soul support regarding my query of replacement motor.
They assured me that the cost of motor is around 3 to 4K for single motor table. (referring to the Green Soul Trigger Model)
He also told me the Alex table should be back in stock in a week or so.

I’ve been using Ergologic for a couple of years now - no issues at all. It’s made in Taiwan. They have an India website and distributor (ergologic dot in). It’s shipped anywhere in India flat packed (disassembled). Needs assembly and a table top which you can get separately. It can accompany various sizes and thicknesses (check the website).

Back