Electronics from Singapore

VOiLA

Adept
hi guysssss !! i am going to singapore in march for vacations.. and i want to get my home theater gear from there.....anyone here knows any good shop or some place where i can get blu-ray players/projectors/screens/receivers etc. ?

also, how many things we can bring duty free? and what is the duty charge ? how is it calculated ?

and maybe i can bring somethings for you guys too....

Thanks

Upto 25K is free. Sometimes some helpful guys may help you with the right documents. Sometimes you're just lucky.

I know a friend who got a used Usher R1.5 amp at half price from a store somewhere in SGP, a killer deal - the amp was not more than six months old. He was not even stopped by customs - the amp is about the size of an Antec900, and weighs around 30 kilos. His wife was carrying a little Shindo preamp and she was stopped and questioned - luckily they had the right documents.

for starters, goto simlim square

the whole ground floor has the latest stuff

2/3 floors are not as flashy but have good stuff

you will have to dig through rest of the place

for audio there is jaben

^^ yup dont buy electronics from shops near mustafa or in mustafa..

they usually sell at MRP :p. .not very cheap...AS Nukeu suggested Sim Lim square is the best place :).

Looks like many need help to make purchases when they visit Singapore and ask their friends to make purchase on their behalf. As an Indian staying in Singapore for about 10 years and very particular about buying at very good prices, you may check with me with what you need and I shall be able to help you...if you need, i can scan some of the price lists from shops where best bargains are available...plz email or chat me on MSN Messenger.

regards
rovin382@gmail.com
[email]rovin382@gmail.com
[MSN]

rovin382 said:
Looks like many need help to make purchases when they visit Singapore and ask their friends to make purchase on their behalf. As an Indian staying in Singapore for about 10 years and very particular about buying at very good prices, you may check with me with what you need and I shall be able to help you...if you need, i can scan some of the price lists from shops where best bargains are available...plz email or chat me on MSN Messenger.

regards

Errr...no offense mate, but, since its an open forum, if you would like to help ppl, it will be helpful to all if you can post any tips etc directly in the threads rather than only to one person in PMs.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :D

^^ simlim+Jaben NoT = WHOLESALE :p

SimLim is basically a mall with loads of tronix and computer related goods.

jaben is a single store that specializes in audio products wiht a special emphasis on personal audio products.. (headphones/earphones nd the like)

Go to Adelphi Towers ners the City Hall MRT , its also close to Clark Quay just a stroll away.You will get quite a huge product range with dedicated shops for major brands.

Thanks

tryst said:
Go to Adelphi Towers ners the City Hall MRT , its also close to Clark Quay just a stroll away.You will get quite a huge product range with dedicated shops for major brands.

Thanks

Went to the Adelphi all happy, came out depressed :( not recommended unless you have moolah, and lots of it

Back