Elon Musk Kills Twitter - Now Called "X"

He has strange fascination with the alphabet "X." He even named his kids after the letter X with some combination...
Nawabi shauk!! Can't do much about it.

I just don't understand what's the problem with this Musk guy and people akin to him who think these services are actually worth anything? Why all these pretention! Except for customer service purposes, who even opens twitter? And I'm told there are some who actually pay a subscription fee to have some verified tick mark. WTAF

But why? I get that politicians might need it, as they need their brainwashing storm through social media, but why others namely the techie people? I ask the same for telegram paid subscription as well. What's that point of all these? Verified or not, who cares?

But why? I get that politicians might need it, as they need their brainwashing storm through social media, but why others namely the techie people? I ask the same for telegram paid subscription as well. What's that point of all these? Verified or not, who cares?
Honestly even I don't know why. I was reading more into this a while back & one thing that stuck with me was basically that this is how much people want to feel 'important'. Before it was made paid, of course celebs/stars, famous, important etc people only had it & were in a way 'a step higher' than the normal people (general audience view on social media). People wanted that. Apparently they wanted this fake illusion so badly that they were willing to & hence ultimately paid for the ticks.
To me, It loses all meaning if anyone can have it. It was a special thing that everyone couldn't just have it. Now that anyone can pay to have it. There's no meaning. But don't know what people who pay for this are thinking.
This is a small snippet of how people like to be 'elite' / 'better than the rest' etc and how social media brainwashes people and all that but I guess that's for another time haha

It still shows as Twitter but guess the Bird Symbol is gone. I see X in my Twitter account but it still says Twitter for me.

Except for customer service purposes, who even opens twitter?
World leaders ;)
But why? I get that politicians might need it, as they need their brainwashing storm through social media, but why others namely the techie people?
It's not brainwashing it's to get around the activism directed at them. You have a direct line to what they said and not what someone tells you they said. It's a way to bypass the media and connect directly with followers. For anyone, it's a short way to post updates on whatever. Or in the reverse direction. To get the attention of some companies and complain about their service.

Back