emule trouble!

freak86

Disciple
i just dont get it will this thing ever download something...
i'm connected to kad and ed2k network....its says waiting n 10 users in brackets....but nothign has started....n people are busy uploading from my system....
but its been like 10days my system is on not even a single kb is down...up is like 12gbs...its sort off annoying...any suggestion or some network name which is better..?

Firstly check if you have a High ID i.e. both the arrows on the globe at the bottom are green.
If they are yellow that means you are behind a firewall or something similar and will have to forward ports.

And one more thing abt emule is that you have to be connected for prolonged periods of time to make full use of its capabilities. It does teach you patience at times.
If you keep connected for a couple of hours n then disconnect frequently you wont be downloading much.

And lastly downloads also depend on many ppl are actually sharing the file i.e. darker the shade of blue more likely you'll get the file fast.

Edit :
emule sucks. Its past its prime and flooded with crap. Try to get it off torrents or IRC if possible

emule might not be the fastest way to get something but its the place where you can rare and old stuff.

I've been using emule for years now, and it's never given me problems with regard to download speeds. Its best to download files with more than 200 sources if you want to get it fast. Rare files (with less than 20 sources) do take a long time, but they will come eventually. I love it because it's so easy to use, and it lets you spots fakes almost as soon as you start downloading them.

Some tips...

1) do not share a large number of files...how emule works is that it gives each user credit only from the user they've uploaded files to. So, if you're trying to download file X, but someone else is trying to download file Y from you, it won't make a difference to your score.

2)to save space, enable file and folder compression for your temp directory.

3)make sure you've set your upload download speeds right...if you set the upload bandwidth too high, it'll end up throttling your downloads.

Also..do as wraith said, and make sure you've got a high id.

And check that your downloads aren't paused...and that you've got enough disk space.

Do we need any others supporting apps to enhance the use of Emule ?

I am unable to connect on KAD Network..

Also while searching for files what should i use

- Global Servers
- KAD Network
- File Donkey

??

EDIT :- Kad problem solved automatically..

@dipen01 : When u use emule for the first time KAD takes a while to connect..usually you have to connect to eD2K first and then KAD connects a lil later.

While searching use Global Servers n KAD Network only.

dipen01 said:
Do we need any others supporting apps to enhance the use of Emule ?

You can use media player classic/vlc to preview video files...install them, and then configure emule to use them.

Not much else you can do to enhance it.
About KAD/server/global server search...my order of preference is 1-kad,2-global servers

Also, its better to connect only to the kad network....it's completely annoymous.

Oh ok thanx..

Well i had to keep couple of files for almost 4 hrs.. and now finally its started downloading

One file is giving 3Kb/s and other 30Kb/s.. Its too slow :|

Back